Vegans: If you lived in a country that had absolutely NO vegan substitutes for anything, could you still be a happy vegan?

Vegans: If you lived in a country that had absolutely NO vegan substitutes for anything, could you still be a happy vegan?
  • Yes.
    Vote A
  • No.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Vegans don't need substitutes. They just eat regular food, but no animal products. That leaves a heck of a lot of choices.

That fake meat and fake dairy is usually very expensive, and not very good. Once someone has been a vegetarian for a while, they lose any desire to eat meat. It's not even food to them any more, more like eating a rock or piece of plastic. It's just not food. They don't need to substitute for something they have no desire for.

1|0
    0|0
    • *That would make sense... but that's not what my poll says...

• Maybe I'm just out of date. When I was a vegetarian most of that stuff didn't even exist. You could find fake burgers made from grains and maybe a small number of other things, but I think very few people bought it. I knew lots of vegetarians back in the day, and none of them bought that stuff, or only very rarely.

You need SOMETHING to replace the nutrition in meat. But it can mostly be regular off the shelf stuff that any grocery store sells.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was vegan for some years n believe me it was torturous 😊

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• yes.

you can call me vegan becoz we eat non veg only 3-5 times in an year

so, I'll be happy

1|0
    0|0
  • Fruits, veggies, nuts, lentils, bread, there's still a lot of choices even without substitutes

1|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend was a vegan but I kinda changed that so that she could eat now she is eating more than what she was

0|0
    0|0
  • You would eat the unprocesses foods?

0|0
    0|0
    • Obviously... but so many vegans nowadays rely heavily on all those substitutes...

What Girls Said 4

• Sure. Being vegan doesn't mean that you need tofu or soy based "meat". I don't use that at all. I simply eat fruit, vegetables, nuts and oats. And you have that basically everywhere.

1|0
    0|0
  • it's not all about substitutes. I'd just happily eat my veggies and fruits

1|0
    0|0
  • Nobody would be happy as it would be syper difficult

1|0
    0|0
  • It would be inconvenient, but fine.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes