Is day drinking a sign of alcoholism or is a couple days drinking when you're not busy OK?

I drink and my dad used to be an alcoholic but he also has serious mental issues and now is on medicine. I like to drink and have met people who drink and some people look like they're going to die but don't know if it's because of alcohol or if they're jyst getting old.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Given my experience with my own alcoholic father, I'd say in a large percentage of cases, day drinking is pretty much a sign of alcoholism yeah.

It's different if you're on holiday, or at some event (people here like to all gather and drink on weekend afternoons to watch the local football teams play.)

I'd say the best way to identify genuine alcoholism is when it affects the ability to have a steady life, rather than judging based on drinking in the day time or drinking alone or something.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's alright but I'm also a person who drinks during the day and my family is basically just a long line of alcoholics so I don't know but I'm not worried about it. It's only a problem if you constantly need to be drinking or something like that

0|1
    0|0
  • Not necessarily. It depends how much you're drinking and how often, but I don't think time of day is that important.

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on how much.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I think day drinking is ok as long as you aren't about to work afternoons or go somewhere all fucked up.

1|1
    0|0
  • Depends , how much you drink a day

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes