Advice / recommendat8ons for first time drinkers?

I stay away from alcohol because I hate the way it burns, I'm a paranoid little shit, and quite frankly I don't feel like it's important. But I've realized that when I go out I'm REALLY tense and will have resting bitch-face for the longest. I suffer from social anxiety so it's difficult for me to integrate / let loose since I'm constantly worrying about what people think and my every move. A friend wants to go out and drink tonight, so she'll be choosing, but what do you think is the best for first timers? Something that doesn't burn too much / taste bitter pls. Most likely mixing if it is.

Also, advice? I'm obviously a noob lol; won't become dependent on it though js.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What you need to remember is that drinks that don't have that alcohol taste or burn, but still contain a lot of alcohol are probably the most "dangerous" to someone who doesn't really know the limits of their tolerance. Because you can easily become convinced that either the drinks don't have that much alcohol or that you aren't that affected by it and then decide to drink more. And more. And then it hits you all at once, making you either extremely incoherent or maybe even make you pass out or spend the next 20 minutes emptying your stomach. And the hit comes fast when you are unprepared, so unless you are miraculously at the bathroom at the time, you'll end up making a mess most likely. What I'd suggest is to try a long drink, something with a little alcohol, but at least somewhat sweet in taste. And have a sip of that after you downed a shot, for example. It'll temper the aftertaste a bit, but you can still feel your alcohol intake. Instead of being mislead when you can't.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Eat before you drink. If you think it hasn't kicked in yet and you want more, wait half an hour and see how you feel then. Don't take drinks from strangers. After you've drank a few shots or so and you think you can handle more, don't have more because chances are you can't handle it. With all that being said, you've gotta find your limit at some point, but don't let that point be your first time because it might ruin drinking for you

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Don't drink. I am suffering from social anxiety... and alcohol becomes a dependency. I tell you because I have been seeing this. I am staying from alcohol as well for this purpose.

Stay safe! Don't go for something that has an addiction effect! Hope you understand.

1|1
    0|0
  • Don't make alcohol a prop for your anxieties. Only drink to enjoy, and set yourself a limit. Mix alcohol with soft drinks to start, or have a spirit with water or cordial. As long as you don't overdo it, say two or three drinks maximum, first time, you should be O. K. Just don't let yourself be pressured into drinking more than you feel is right. Always remember, alcohol is a poison, and drunkenness is an effect of poisoning.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're going to drink, do something like peach schnapps and orange juice. It's called a fuzzy navel. Take it slow, the alcohol will build up in your system before you feel it and then you're super drunk and puking. Take it easy and when you get to a certain level of Buzz, stop drinking. Make sure to hydrate while you are drinking. Have an alcoholic drink glass or a bottle of water. Alcohol is a diuretic, it will make you want to pee.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I don't drink at all , never drinked in my life

I know and I m sure that you want to try stuff... Like drinking smoking and may be drugs

First advice is its not worth wasting thoughts

Second... If you are going to try it anyways
    Don't drink alone.
    Keep someone you trust as a company
    Don't drink all of a sudden, take small amounts
    Delete phone numbers of your crush or ex if you don't want to get embarrassed...
    Eat something with the alcohol else it ll be bad for health

1|0
    0|0
    • Use juice with vodka for the start...

Soon you ll loose sensitivity against it then you ll be able to drink neat

• Don't drink it plz? First guys can use that as advantage to do stuffs and it's unhealthy I'm 19 years old and I never drunk in my life, I didn't and I don't and I won't.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lager initially then as soon as you feel drunk move onto spirits as anything can be stomached with ease once you've broken the seal

1|0
    0|0
  • Go with a combination of cranberry n small vodka shot. If u like orange better than cranberry then go with a screwdriver.

1|0
    0|0
  • Drinking won't help your problems it will just make them worse.

1|0
    0|0
  • KNOW WHEN TO STOP !
    So for first experience drink with like a very close friend so that you can experience and know your limits.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dont drink to much

1|0
    0|0
  • don't drink a whole lot your first time. your body won't be used to it and it will reject it badly if you overdo it the first time

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

Recommended myTakes