Advice / recommendat8ons for first time drinkers?

I stay away from alcohol because I hate the way it burns, I'm a paranoid little shit, and quite frankly I don't feel like it's important. But I've realized that when I go out I'm REALLY tense and will have resting bitch-face for the longest. I suffer from social anxiety so it's difficult for me to integrate / let loose since I'm constantly worrying about what people think and my every move. A friend wants to go out and drink tonight, so she'll be choosing, but what do you think is the best for first timers? Something that doesn't burn too much / taste bitter pls. Most likely mixing if it is.

Also, advice? I'm obviously a noob lol; won't become dependent on it though js.

212

Most Helpful Guy

• What you need to remember is that drinks that don't have that alcohol taste or burn, but still contain a lot of alcohol are probably the most "dangerous" to someone who doesn't really know the limits of their tolerance. Because you can easily become convinced that either the drinks don't have that much alcohol or that you aren't that affected by it and then decide to drink more. And more. And then it hits you all at once, making you either extremely incoherent or maybe even make you pass out or spend the next 20 minutes emptying your stomach. And the hit comes fast when you are unprepared, so unless you are miraculously at the bathroom at the time, you'll end up making a mess most likely. What I'd suggest is to try a long drink, something with a little alcohol, but at least somewhat sweet in taste. And have a sip of that after you downed a shot, for example. It'll temper the aftertaste a bit, but you can still feel your alcohol intake. Instead of being mislead when you can't.

Most Helpful Girl

• Eat before you drink. If you think it hasn't kicked in yet and you want more, wait half an hour and see how you feel then. Don't take drinks from strangers. After you've drank a few shots or so and you think you can handle more, don't have more because chances are you can't handle it. With all that being said, you've gotta find your limit at some point, but don't let that point be your first time because it might ruin drinking for you