What is one food that you consider unethically produced, made or harvested?

There is no right or wrong answers and DON’T ATTACK EACH OTHER. We reasonable people here.

Just what you personally consider ethical be reasonable and please no fighting!!! What is one food that you consider unethically produced, made or harvested?What is one food that you consider unethically produced, made or harvested?What is one food that you consider unethically produced, made or harvested?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Foie gras in France
    And how they eat alive octopus and sea animals in East asia
    And how they throw alive dogs in hot waters in China

4|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• Herrs a good one, Stone Crabs.
    Stone crab claws are harvested by catching the stone crab and clipping one claw off and throwing the crab back into the ocean. The missing claw will regrow so the crab will regain full use of its body with time and won't ever be killed for its meat but it could lose appendages multiple times in its life due to harvesting but again would live. Ethical or unethical? Its sustainable for sure

1|0
    0|0
  • For me it's vegan food.
    The fewest lives lost and presumably the least suffering.
    Less area used in production, and often less resources too.
    Not *alway 100%, long distance transport or poor working conditions can still occur with vegan food, but that's my first priority anyway...
    Personally I'm just lacto-vegetarian though.

0|0
    0|0
  • People. Don't eat the neighbors. In fact, don't eat anything that has a name. And yeah, that's a real thing.

1|1
    0|0
  • Pretty much all livestock kept in tight and enclosed spaces

2|2
    0|0
  • Anything not free range. Although it pains me to think lobsters are cooked live, I shan't be giving them up any time soon!

1|1
    0|0
  • I dont think there is such thing as ethical or non-ethical food. There is only a food chain and humans are at the top.

1|0
    0|0
    • So...
      Chocolate made by child slaves on the Ivory Coast or salmon from fish farms feed with endangered species of fish that's been over fished doesn't concern you at all?
      What with companies like Coca-Cola that at least once made a factory essentially stealing all the water that would usually be used by the local population for their own use?
      Then there's the climate effects of long distance transport of food.
      The loss of jobs in an area when you prefer products from one area over another say if you're American and buy cheaper non-American grain or corn or whatever instead of local etc.

• Even if you don't care about animal welfare you can't get away from the ethical implications of your diet, for better and worse.
      You just have to make up your own mind about what is or isn't right for *you*.

But just eating food mindlessly while being ignorant about *all* of it is just irresponsible.
      I'm not going to blame you for not sharing my views about what is or isn't ethic, but pretending that your choices don't have *any* ethical consequences...

• @Losalt

I’m afraid i only have two criteria for food :-
      1) it tastes nice and is of good quality
      2) it’s price reflects the quality, and it is of normal market value.

Like most people, I simply don’t have time to factor in your other considerations. Life is not fair and i simply accept that there are winners and losers (animal and human)... and take advantage of a good position in said life.

Anyway, who came up with ethics? It’s a social construct right, rather than biological?

• All meats and diary and pumped up farm produce especially

0|0
    0|0
  • I think all vegetables and fruits.

1|1
    1|0
    • Definitely 😂

• It's a good start, but not always ethical.
      Chocolate made with beans picked by child slaves.
      Plants framed with pesticides destroying the local ecosystem, plants regularly planted in former rainforests like palm oil palms...
      Those are ethically questionable even if they're vegan.
      Ps. Yes I'm guilty of eating that kind of products.
      Just pointing out that such simplified definitions of what is or isn't ethical might bite us in the but at times...
      (And I haven't even started on topics like transportation, gene modification or endangered species...)

• Fore gras.

1|0
    0|0
  • Abused animals

2|0
    0|0
  • Honey.

1|0
    0|0
  • that French dish where you have to drown a bird

1|0
    0|0
  • Meat

0|0
    0|0
  • Soylent green

0|1
    0|0
  • Salt

0|0
    0|0
  • Mayo

0|0
    0|0
    • A what’s happening with that goose tho?

• Foie gras. Its really delicious but fucked up. They are force over fed until their livers become engorged and delicious.

• What,... fucked up

What Girls Said 4

• It's all disgusting, Google Tallow, or sodium tallowate.. It's in everything, usually soap.. And then, Google how it's made. All commercial farming of every kind of animal is disgusting & unethical. But most people wouldn't be able to survive without it because people are so dependent nowadays. Not nearly as many people know how to actually hunt/fish/clean animals anymore, like the old days.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t eat meat. The idea of eating flesh turns my stomach.

2|2
    0|0
  • i believe any animal should not be murder to become food

1|0
    0|0
  • Animal agriculture as a whole

3|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes