Have you ever volunteered at a homeless shelter to serve food? If not why?

Have you ever volunteered at a homeless shelter to serve food? If not why??

2920

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, our whole family just did this Thanksgiving. We do it at Thanksgiving, Christmas and several times a year at one of the homeless missions local to us. This tradition in our family was started while my Mom and Dad were dating in college. It makes us feel more appreciative of the things we are blessed with on a daily basis. It's our way of giving to those in need, since we do not give money to those panhandling on the street corner; this is our way of giving the gift of time.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, because it's not in my rational self-interest.

It's definitely not in my self-interest to help very immoral people, which almost all homeless people are. They are vicious and hateful towards anyone who has a functional life.

Do not confuse benevolence, which is rationally selfish, with altruism, which is self-destructive. Benevolence means being kind to people who deserve it, because it improves your life. This Christmas, give nice gifts to your friends, give a friendly waiter a generous tip. But, definitely don't 'help' the homeless. It doesn't even help them, any more than giving drugs helps a drug addict.

• You just made me a hate you. just a little bit... but that's a lot coming from me.

Try and get your head out of your posterior (ASS!) and have some respect for people less fortunate than you. I can tell you that there is nothing that makes me feel better than helping someone other than myself. Helping other people is my selfish deed because it makes me have a better day when I help others. I live in ( by size) a mansion and we have two of these mansions, but my dad worked for all his money and still finds time to feed the homeless. This is because helping others is the best way to help yourself. My Great Great grandmother was a kind person and its the whole reason we will be able to sell our mansion and move out to a small farm. Money doesn't buy happiness because its given to you by the people around you. I forgive your actions as a flawed human being just as my lord and savior forgive mine. I hope you get your head out of your rectum
      Ps, I'm so mad that I'd shoot you in the foot

• Then I'd shoot my own foot so that we were equal.

If you doubt that then you have never met me. I'm taking krav maga and since my fist was weak. I punched the bag until my hands bled. Then I punched fine grain kosher salt to numb my fists. Your idea of functional life is looking down on people worse off than you with pity instead of respect. For fun, I lived like the homeless and it sucked balls. Sleeping outside on cold cement is cool for me, but only because it hurts a ton. I woke up after two days with my back so sore that I could barely workout. I'm going places; your fat ass, stuck to a computer chair, is not.