Would you ever consider going vegan?

I already don’t eat a ton of animal products and have tried some vegan dishes, but going cold turkey seems excessive to me. Apparently the meat industry is contributing to global warming; would you consider going vegan or eating less animal products for the environment or your health?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I enjoy chicken, beef, salmon, and tuna too much. I don't eat pork these days, but venison, bison, and other red meats? They are just too protein dense to overlook and the flavors are amazing.

I have no sympathy for animals in this regard. We are on top of the food chain, and predators don't feel sorry for their prey. Other animals in this world don't, so why should we? In the end, that is all we are, we are animals. Why not embrace it? That doesn't mean we should be cruel to our own kind and not have ethics and moral principles, but when it comes to nourishing our bodies, why put other animals over our own nature/preservation?

The same principle applies to the dilemma of saving a pet vs. saving a human being from death. The human being has far more value than any other animal, even if that animal has personal meaning to you. It is the solidarity of the species, anything less is a dishonor.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would, but like you said quitting cold turkey seems excessive. Going vegan requires a lot of research. It's not just "ew, meat", you'd be replacing many aspects of your lifestyle and not just foods and drinks. Clothes, makeup, furniture, beauty products, would all need to be swapped out for vegan alternatives if you really want to live a vegan life. It could be a potential blow to your wallet, especially if you're a student like me.
    In my country there aren't lots of vegan options yet either. Some restaurants do serve vegan food and grocery stores have also started selling products from vegan brands, but a lot of it is expensive. So if you don't always feel like cooking everything from scratch with a million different ingredients that replace non-vegan ones, or paying extra money on stuff like vegan cheese, your options are a bit limiting. So that would also require lots of research in terms of fun but simple vegan dishes to cook.
    There's nothing wrong with any of the things I mentioned, it's just a pretty big lifestyle change that takes a lot of time, effort, and a little bit money as well. Plus it would mean I'd have to force my family to accommodate me whenever I want to eat with them, either by going to a restaurant that also serves vegan food or by telling my mom what to cook for me. Or even me having to bring my own food. All of it just seems like a hassle. I think I'd go vegetarian before I go vegan, since it wouldn't require a total lifestyle change and I think my mom could live with cooking veggie food for me lol. It would also open up more options for me at restaurants.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• When I see this

upload.wikimedia.org/.../Made20bacon.png

ghk.h-cdn.co/.../...pe-1456165374-bacon-strips.jpg

then I can't resist 😍😍😍😋
    I can hear the bacon speaks to me! Hmmm 😋

1|1
    0|0
  • As much as I love my vegetables and hate meat I can't go vegan, vegans have no cheese.
    Also if everyone on the planet was vegan we would have a serious problem.
    If I go vegan and want to consume the same amount of calories and energy I get from meat then I'll be causing more harm to the environment than consuming that small piece of meat.

1|0
    0|0
  • Me and my brother is very much the same person in a lot of ways and total opposite in others. One of our main differences is that he is a vegitarian and i am a hunter. There is a lot of good arguments both for and against, but i think it all boils down to one thing; which argument do you personally agree with. With this ideology, you can not only tolerate the other mindsets, but also understand them even if you dont nessesarily agree with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • i've considered going vegetarian. i can imagine not eating beef or steak. so since i can't really see myself going veggie i can't see myself going vegan

but i have considered it

1|0
    0|0
  • I eat vegan, and never took me any effort. And I like the taste of meat, eggs, milk, and everything else.

Simply put the vegan cuisine is more exquisite, makes you start looking like a hottie, and making good feels so good.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/3MlUN.jpg

0|0
    0|1
  • There's a few reasons why someone would go vegan, and they're all stupid. If you really wanna save the enslaved animal species, then buy meat from farmers who treat their animals with care. Stuff like that. I buy organic stuff. When I buy milk I buy grass fed milk. Simple as that. Going vegan helps nothing and no one. Also I wouldn't be able to build muscle as a vegan.

0|1
    3|1
    • You buy meat from anywhere, you somehow encourage into the demand for more meat. So guess what even if you buy it from a farmer, IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER! The more you buy it the more the "farmers" that are cruel to the animals will kill them. Its evidently a means to an end. And I think google search will get you to a page that will clear your MAJOR misconception about how you won't be able to make "muscles" if you go vegan.

• Show All
    • @GeminiHa I never started it but I guess the kid is mad because he getting a lot of hate
      (dislikes).

• @Mia2020 I don't care about dislikes lol... It's my opinion

• HELL NO. Animals and diary taste delicious. I'm a member of the People for Eating Tasty Animals (PETA before the current one sued them for their domain)

0|1
    0|1
  • I'm already a vegetarian, but I'm too lazy to go vegan.

1|0
    0|0
  • Absloutley fucking no , and farm animals contributes in global warming so it better to eat them

0|0
    0|1
  • I love meat way too much to ever go vegan

1|0
    1|1
  • No, I'd feel restricted

1|0
    0|0
  • No can't live a day without chickens

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe. im open 2 it

0|0
    0|0
  • I won't but the meats i eat are vegan.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Veganism isn't healthy.

0|1
    0|1
    • It actually is as long as you eat a lot. I eat vegetables because of its nutritional values sometimes. Too much meat may mean too much fat and oil which is not good for the body.

• Too much meat, absolutely. No meat though leads to protein deficiency which can lead to anemia.

• True although you can eat some vegetables that has iron and all since those types exist but if not you can't entirely quit it

• I see your "no" and raise you a "FUCK NO!" =)

0|0
    1|0
  • Absolutely not

0|0
    2|1
  • never

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Never gonna give up on meat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe in my 40s

0|0
    0|0
  • Vegan means no dairy, so no eggs and milk. I couldn't do that. I need my brownies!

1|1
    0|1

What Girls Said 26

• I try to choose sustainably sourced animal products, and I try not to eat a lot of meat. But no, I probably would never go vegan, or even vegetarian. I think it’s more important to choose sustainable and humane animal products than it is to cut them out completely.

1|0
    0|0
  • What a lot of people don’t realize about going vegan is that it goes beyond just the food you eat. You can wear or own any piece of furniture made from animal skins. You also have to look at the products you’re using. If you’re vegan, you can’t use any products that test on animals. So you’ll have to start reading labels. So it’s not just a diet but a lifestyle.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t be able to. I love milk and cheese too much.

1|0
    0|1
  • No I couldn't, I do try to be most of the time vegetarian but like I can't quite meat, I just reduced it a lot but vegan would be for me one step to much for now

2|1
    0|0
  • i turned vegan last late march/early April due to health reasons after being a pescotarian since i was 9.

1|2
    0|0
  • i would but here in the uk its not so easy we dont have vegan stores vegan restaurants nothing like that here if i had places like that then i would defo go vegan i think the what happens to animals are cruel and i wish it did not happen

1|0
    0|0
    • Vegetables may not be popular there that must be the reason why they don't sell much there

• I'm already vegan and it makes me feel so good in all ways :)

4|2
    0|0
  • Yeah, I've been working on being plant-based. I'd go vegan, but I haven't gotten around to finding any cruelty-free shampoo and stuff like that yet

1|0
    0|0
  • I eat less meat but I cannot make my diet strict. If I went vegan I wouldn't be hardcore, I'd probably slip up but I'd try at some point possibly.

1|0
    0|1
  • I am pescatarian right now (eat seafood occasionally) and drink soya milk as I prefer the taste, but I like eggs too much >.< I always buy free range though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I admire those who do, but I personally could never do it

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I am vegan. It is one of the best changes I’ve ever made for my body and the world. I recommend it for nearly everyone.

1|1
    0|0
  • No cause meat is to good and its what humans were designed to eat

1|0
    0|0
    • i hate to tell you but our teeth were not made for it just search it up lol

• Show All
    • Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not

• Not completely.. I can handle being a vegetarian but I like eggs and cheese too much to go vegan

1|0
    0|0
  • It's my way of supporting the farmers and not someone who want to be 'slimmer' or for me to lose weight cause I have a fast metabolism anyway.

0|0
    0|1
  • i only consume seafood, vegetables and fruits. no murdered animals parts

1|0
    0|0
  • How many times have I answered this question? And they keep featuring it. Anyway, yes I am a vegetarian now and I will be vegan in the future.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I love fish. I’ve tried it in the past and it didn’t work out

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Never.

0|0
    0|0
  • No i wouldn't be able to do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I couldn't do it.. I'm a meat girl

0|0
    0|0
  • If it meant life or death I would go vegan.

0|0
    0|0
  • Couldn’t do it

0|0
    0|1
  • Vegan, no. Vegetarian, yes. I am doing it right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes