What is your opinion on artificial food dyes?

What is your opinion on artificial food dyes??

1512

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't actually know what the food colors they use here contain, but since the European Union has seriously strict rules about food, I would assume nothing that bad for our health. I've bought some food dyes myself, but I think those are some sort of "natural" dyes instead of the artificial ones. Haven't been smart enough to check the labels for ingredients. But the thing I don't get is, we clearly have a way around it here in Europe, so why does the US still use the poison to color their food? I need to look into this more when I have time.

Most Helpful Guy

• they're not great for you but in regards to food there are more harmful things you could consume like trans fats

• Great comment, I hope people got to see it. Trans fats a something to consider as well.