What is your opinion on artificial food dyes?

What is your opinion on artificial food dyes??

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't actually know what the food colors they use here contain, but since the European Union has seriously strict rules about food, I would assume nothing that bad for our health. I've bought some food dyes myself, but I think those are some sort of "natural" dyes instead of the artificial ones. Haven't been smart enough to check the labels for ingredients. But the thing I don't get is, we clearly have a way around it here in Europe, so why does the US still use the poison to color their food? I need to look into this more when I have time.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• they're not great for you but in regards to food there are more harmful things you could consume like trans fats

0|1
    1|0
    • Great comment, I hope people got to see it. Trans fats a something to consider as well.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• They’re not necessary. I don’t understand why they are so widespread. I want my food to be food coloured, not neon.

0|2
    0|0
  • I think its harmful to our health. Firm just used artificial colors to add attraction to buyers. Its boring if you eat colorless foods. Lol

2|1
    0|0
  • America's fda keeps pumping us full of trash. They are a complete embarrassment and should all be hung for treason

0|3
    0|0
    • Best answer, glad to see it after reading all the other dumb ass answers

• Show All
    • There is, but those shops aren't everywhere and healthier food is much more expensive even tho everyone should have a right to safe non toxic food

• I agree, industry and corporations put money before people's health poisoning food

• I suppose its bad for health somehow not sure exactly how tho

0|1
    0|0
    • A quick search about it and will give you important information about the topic. And then you can decide for yourself if is harmful or not. Thanks for sharing.

• I'm sure it'll give me cancer in my big toe but I'm fucked anyway.

0|1
    1|2
  • I don't understand it. It fake not real food I like more then fake food.

0|1
    0|0
  • As Long As The Food Taste Good, I'm Good.

0|1
    1|0
  • Sounds like a waste lol

0|1
    0|0
  • dont worry its the same in australia

0|1
    0|0
  • They're okay.

0|1
    0|0
  • they are fake

0|1
    0|1
  • It’s really not that bad

0|0
    1|2
  • I think it's unhealthy

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't find any compelling reason to believe that our current food dyes are especially harmful to us.

There once was a red dye that caused cancer and it was already removed from foods before I was born.

0|0
    0|1
    • Yes they are especially the yellows. That's why they are banned in the uk and eu. They get a different version of mac and cheese that isn't poison

• Show All
    • @goddess87 Thanks for the links.

• And yes, I know about PubMed and NCBI. Thanks.

What Guys Said 11

• I try to avoid them because they do nothing nutritionally and can disguise "food" that you wouldn't want to eat as something tasty.

0|1
    0|0
  • Toxic garbage produced by mega-corporations, intended to fool the eye and trick the mind.

0|3
    0|0
  • I'm against it. Good food doesn't need added dye to make it look edible. Basically you're getting crap food products dressed up to look nice.

0|1
    0|0
  • Anyone ever ask them why they do this? No? Why not? Afraid of the answer you'd get?

Whats that kids don't like white mac and cheese, subdued colors, and brown cereal? CRAZY!!!

0|1
    0|0
  • No impact. As a whole unhealthy diet is easy in the us. But dyes aren't a part of it

0|1
    0|0
  • Cancer

0|1
    0|0
  • dangerous

0|1
    0|0
  • It's the artificial sugar that you need to avoid

0|1
    0|0
  • Hate it