Would you feel ripped off if a restaurant you ate at actually charged you for the bread?

• yes
  • no

1410

Most Helpful Girl

• If i haven’t been told the bread is on the house.. then well there isn’t really a point of me being angry. But then again Aussies don’t have “complimentary bread”

We often have “starters” which mainly serve wedges, bruschetta etc which cost us lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Only if they bill me without telling me.

If you are going to charge for something than you ask the customer if they want it and tell them how much. Most places that have complementary bread will just bring it to your table without really asking.

If they just brought bread/rolls and set them on our table and then bill us I would be annoyed and refuse to pay it.