How can food burn bridges between cultures?

To me, food can either build and/or burn bridges. If you're curious about other cultures' foods, then it builds bridges. Or if you move to a new area and you happen to like the local food, then food can bring you closer to the local people. But what if you don't? For example, if you moved to India but you don't enjoy Indian food, because you can't handle the spiciness... then you would have problems hanging out with the locals if you can't eat their food.

Any ideas on which ways can food also burn bridges (prevent a good connection between 2 or more cultures)?

02

Most Helpful Guy

• When one culture doesn't drink alcohol and the other does.

Definitely burns bridges.

• oh yeah! That's a really good one!