Are you supposed to defecate and urinate every day? Does it make a difference if you're male or female? Or does it just come down to your diet?

Back in the middle school days, I was told by a girl that you're supposed to do so. I get the urination part, but defecating ever single day? I'm sorry, but that just doesn't seem normal to me.
I meant to choose the topic as Health & Fitness, but I guess this works too?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a per person basis. I know some people who have a BM once a day at the same time every day. Some people are random, some people go once every three. I'm sure a variety of things affect it such as diet, hydration, exercise, gender, genes, etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• My doctor told me it all got to do with the diet that you follow.
    I'm from America and that's what a Mexican America doctor told me
    And no you don't need to have 3 bowel movements a day.