Is breakfast really that important?

I don't think it is, but I've also never been a regular breakfast eater. Even as a child, I would only eat breakfast a couple times a week, usually whenever my mom actually made breakfast. Now, I did try eating breakfast regularly for a while and during that time I was also over-eating, causing me to gain a bunch of weight. Around this time last year, I weighed 140 pounds (which is overweight for my height), so several months ago I decided to stop eating breakfast again. Since then I've lost over 20 pounds and I no longer over-eat.
And no, I don't feel a difference in my body, other than I don't feel so fat anymore.
  • It's super important, you nutjob!
  • Nah, it's ok. I don't eat breakfast, either.

1218

Most Helpful Guys

• It's really A: what you eat in the morning, you consume during the day.
    The more you eat towards the end of the day, the higher the chance your body will store it as fat :o
    Not that a little fat as reserve for bad times is a bad idea, but the most important meal of the day is breakfast :D

Most Helpful Girls

• Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
    As the saying goes "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a peasant."
    So basically you should eat well for breakfast but don't eat too much during dinner. I only eat 2 meals a day, breakfast and a small dinner.

• Tbh i did read somewhere its not actually importent but snacks are and good health sized lunches and dinners are.