Is breakfast really that important?

I don't think it is, but I've also never been a regular breakfast eater. Even as a child, I would only eat breakfast a couple times a week, usually whenever my mom actually made breakfast. Now, I did try eating breakfast regularly for a while and during that time I was also over-eating, causing me to gain a bunch of weight. Around this time last year, I weighed 140 pounds (which is overweight for my height), so several months ago I decided to stop eating breakfast again. Since then I've lost over 20 pounds and I no longer over-eat.
And no, I don't feel a difference in my body, other than I don't feel so fat anymore.
  • It's super important, you nutjob!
    Vote A
  • Nah, it's ok. I don't eat breakfast, either.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• It's really A: what you eat in the morning, you consume during the day.
    The more you eat towards the end of the day, the higher the chance your body will store it as fat :o
    Not that a little fat as reserve for bad times is a bad idea, but the most important meal of the day is breakfast :D

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
    As the saying goes "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a peasant."
    So basically you should eat well for breakfast but don't eat too much during dinner. I only eat 2 meals a day, breakfast and a small dinner.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tbh i did read somewhere its not actually importent but snacks are and good health sized lunches and dinners are.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• I know a lot of girls that can do that i can i need to eat a healthy good breakfast. And then by10 am im hungry.. i eat something then lunch time i eat.. then around 3 i have to eat then dinner time i eat and then sometimes depending how many hours I'm going to work that day I have to eat again at 10 or 11 p. m. but I work since I'm 16 hours a day they say good job for you if you can burn the energy you can eat whatever you want whenever you want.. or at least I can

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, when you could potentially be marching in full combat gear until lunch at around 11-12am, you usually want to eat the breakfast that's offered between 5-6am. But even when not under those circumstances, I very rarely don't eat breakfast as I can definitely feel it during the day if I don't.

1|0
    0|0
  • I rarely eat breakfast and I'm still alive and well... and in shape. So, I don't think it's that important.

1|0
    1|0
  • Yeah I've noticed if I have breakfast, I'll eat more during the day too. I usually only have breakfast though if I'm gonna be working early since it does wake me up a bit.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it is as per science but, not in my opinion. I think, drinking enough water before brunch would be good enough.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't have breakfast at all. Stuff it , I will make do and stuff my face for lunch and dinner.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah i got have my coffee first than i eat toast for breakfast or bowl of cheerios.

1|0
    0|0
  • Breakfast is important, if you need to skip, skip lunch

1|0
    0|0
  • Never having breakfast, just eat early in the morning though

1|0
    0|0
  • Eat your breakfast! You'll die.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not for fasted cardio

1|0
    0|0
  • Breakfast is sacred.

2|0
    0|0
  • 140 for 5'0? U cow ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜‚

1|0
    1|2
  • I donโ€™t eat breakfast that often either.

1|0
    0|0
  • i eat breakfast daily

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't go into the day on an empty stomach but I don't have a proper breakfast, I just eat a couple of biscuits usually

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• I eat it but not because it's supposed to be the most important meal of the day. I'm just hungry๐Ÿ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't often eat breakfast either, it's almost 2:00 in the afternoon and I have only eaten a muffin and had two cups of coffee. But breakfast is super important. I should be eating breakfast but I'm just not hungry enough, although as my brother always says, if you aren't hungry enough to eat breakfast then you aren't doing enough work.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly it isn't like without it you'll die, it's just helpful in managing hunger throughout the day. For me, if I don't at least have a snack a few hours after waking up, I will overeat at lunch and dinner. It's different for everyone.

1|0
    0|1
  • It is important for me personally. If I donโ€™t eat it, then I have less energy for the entire rest of the day.

1|0
    0|0
  • personally, having breakfast helps acclimate my stomach to heavier meals later in the day. so i say it's important.

1|0
    0|0
  • When I eat soon after waking up, I end up eating more during the day. So I have coffee first.

1|1
    0|0
  • For me it is. I can't make it through the morning without breakfast.

1|0
    0|0
  • no just let the baby die its ok

1|0
    0|0
    • this is the wrong question im laughing so hard oh my god

• Omg ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
      I'll give you the xper point anyway since you made me laugh. ๐Ÿ˜…

• It is so important

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes canโ€™t ever miss it

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes