Most Helpful Guy
I am not a picky eater. I like a very wide range of foods. However the "delicacies" of most international cuisine I am not a big fan of. I also dislike offal (organ meats) unless we are talking fried chicken livers or scrapple. Raw oysters, caviar, kim chi, sour beef -- there are a lot of different foods that are "strong" in flavor that I enjoy.
Here is a quick list of foods I absolutely avoid:
- Liver (most notably beef liver and onions)
- Pickled beets (but I like Harvard beets)
- Pickled onion (*gag*)
- Dark meat fish (most notably, flounder)
- Durian fruit (never ate it, but the smell was enough to turn me away)
- Bread and Butter dill pickles (I love dill pickles, but this stuff is nasty. Sweet relish is also horrible in the same way)
- Miracle Whip (is such an abomination to mankind)
The worst is Uni, which is sushi that has sea urchin as the main ingredient. Yuck! It tastes like the most oceanic fishy thing you could possibly imagine. It took me by surprise because the raw fish in sushi is usually really clean, fresh, and tasty. The Uni tasted rancid, like low tide at the harbor. Could have just been that particular batch, but it was enough to turn me off from it.
Most Helpful Girl
Any beef or pork meat is just disgusting to me. Chicken and some fish is fine tho