Is It Ethical to Eat Meat?

Is It Ethical to Eat Meat?
I belong to a Vegetarian family hence I'm vegetarian from birth. As I'm about to turn 18, I'm up for deciding every aspect of my life hence I'll consider all opinions before I take my decision :) also don't say 'Whatever you feel' because I'm totally 50-50
  • Yes it is
  • No it isn't
  • Other
    Vote C

936

Most Helpful Girl

• Everything is living even plants, by saying animals are conscious and plants are not is silly.

By eating different things we have them in our DNA, and develop further.

We all die, consume each other. It's part of life.

Lions aren't bad, nor are cows just because of their diet.

• She gets it.

• haha I know I know lol.. im just being silly
      you know us guys

sounds like a great hubby... one that cooks is always awesome.. lucky you

• @TripleAce lOl I always cook for him when he comes back home *-*

Most Helpful Guy

• Eating has no "ethical" measuring stick.

The lion crunching the skull of a baby goat cares not about the ethical question of whether it should eat or not. And humans are not held to that standard either.

Usually, it is the over-priviledged people that contemplate the ethics of consuming meat. These people usually have a silver spoon shoved up their butt, and live a luxurious lifestyle. This pretty much means all western people.

When you look at less fortunate countries, eating meat is a necessity to survive, not a luxury. In arctic climates like Russia and many parts of Canada, the main staple is meat. Eskimos and other northern first nations have a diet that is almost 100% meat, due to the fact that plant crops do not grow in the tundra.

The same goes with people in arid dry places like deserts (Somalia, much of Africa, middle east) where many crops do not grow for lack of water. But herbivores can munch on dry straw and other plant material that humans cannot consume... to produce meat.

• YES! *slow clap*

• lol "lions tho"
      Lions don't think twice about killing another lions cubs, therefore it is not an ethical problem for people to kill other peoples kids?

Most people do not live in an extreme climate that requires meat to survive.

• @djvtech Eating to survive/live has nothing to do with murdering kids. Strawman fallacy.