Where does tomato sauce (ketchup) belong?

Should tomato sauce be put in the fridge or the cupboard?
  • Cupboard
    Vote A
  • Fridge
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• unopened, then it’s in the cupboard. if it’s open, you definitely need to put it in the fridge. it’s just like canned food.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If it is unopened, ketchup can either go in the cupboard/pantry or the fridge (if you want to pre-chill it). However, once you open it, it should go in the fridge. I believe that it probably also says "refrigerate after opening" on the bottle too.

Now, with that being said, it probably won't kill you if you keep it in the cupboard for a time period. (I. e. if you left it out overnight, you don't need to toss it). It's not like mayo or dairy products in that regard.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 3

• We keep ours in the cupboard for months on end, after it's been opened to no ill effect.

I know it says 'Refrigerate after opening' on the packaging - they're just covering their arses.

Same with eggs. Absolutely no need whatsoever to put those in the fridge, if you live in a temperate climate.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can hold it on the cupboard. But once it's open it's fridge only. Same as every canned food.

0|1
    0|0
  • Cupboard until it's opened tgen it goes in the fridge

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes