Can I use eggs in my fridge if it says sell by December 4th and it's 23rd today?

38

Most Helpful Guy

• Place the eggs in water. If the float they are rotten. If the stay at the bottom they should still be good. If they kinda stand up use them quickly since they are going bad.

Most Helpful Girl

• That sounds way too old, but if you have a really powerful fridge, MAYBE. Thing to do would be to crack one open and smell it closely as well as observe the texture of the yolk and white. I discovered that bad eggs, even if they don't stink yet, can have a strange, inconsistent texture. Thicker and tougher than usual.