What age should the drinking age be?

In Ireland you can easily get drink underage you would get served at 15 but I heard Americans are much stricter

46

Most Helpful Girl

• America is currently 21... I don't really care either way, but there are arguments for raising to 25 and lowering to 18

Most Helpful Guy

• In America, the legal drinking age is 21, just fyi. It mostly stems from our Puritan roots.

There is some merit to lowering the drinking age in my opinion. Introducing the effects of alcohol at an earlier age might help people realize just how much it can affect them and dissuade them from doing stupid things under the influence.

• I think it should be higher I miss the thrill of sneaking drink from the parents and drinking in field's or teenage disco. Bouncer" have you been drinking" me "no I just have bad limp "