What age should the drinking age be?

In Ireland you can easily get drink underage you would get served at 15 but I heard Americans are much stricter

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• America is currently 21... I don't really care either way, but there are arguments for raising to 25 and lowering to 18

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• In America, the legal drinking age is 21, just fyi. It mostly stems from our Puritan roots.

There is some merit to lowering the drinking age in my opinion. Introducing the effects of alcohol at an earlier age might help people realize just how much it can affect them and dissuade them from doing stupid things under the influence.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think it should be higher I miss the thrill of sneaking drink from the parents and drinking in field's or teenage disco. Bouncer" have you been drinking" me "no I just have bad limp "

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 5

• I started drinking at 16, but I think 18 is good. If you're an adult you should be able to choose what you inject. It's impossible to completely stop underage drinking, but it's good to try and reduce it a bit and make it a bit harder. Teenage brains are still developing.

0|0
    0|0
  • In the US and Canada, schools are a lot harder, socially speaking. There is a lot of bullying and kids would be driven to drink and smoke sooner than in most countries. Literally all the 16+ year olds near where I live either drink and smoke even though the smoking age is 18 and the drinking age is 19. I think it depends on your society. It shouldn't be a single global law.

0|0
    0|0
  • 17, I'm not biased at all, just let me drink that's all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was intrigued by alcohol at 16 and drunk a bit at 17.. I was pretty fine

0|0
    0|0
  • 18 seems OK.
    I started at 16. Too young.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes