If you are single and cook a roast dinner for yourself, how many meals can you make out of it? What are the associated dishes you make with it?

I am making roast Lamb this week, as follows;

1, Roast dinner with veggies
2, Sandwiches for breakfast the day after
3, Lamb Kebabs for dinner
4, put some of the leftover lamb through the mincer to make pasta sauce with
5, The remainder I make a lamb curry with

All up, I can have dishes for a good 5 days :)

26

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't make large meals, because it seems like a great idea the first day, but then for the next three days I don't feel like eating a proper meal and on the fourth day I forget it's in the fridge and after that it's just ruined. I rather just make small meals so I don't waste food. My appetite changes too much for it to be reasonable to have leftovers in the fridge

• I plan for the week ahead for i usually work 60-70 hour weeks. So I like to have food readily available to make up something quick

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the size of the roast. Lamb legs come as small as 3 lbs., and go to as big as 10 lbs. After enjoying a roast lamb dinner I usually use the leftover lamb to make a huge pot of lamb stew, which I divide into equal portions in plastic tupperware containers and freeze. I than can use them for lunch or supper as I please. Using a 8 to 10 pounds leg of lamb I would usually get at least a dozen meals from it.