Do indians not eat beef?

I was wondering if they did or not, it would be strange if they did not because everyone i know eats beef

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe Hindus don't, that doesn't necessarily mean Indians. I went to my friends house. Her and her family are Indian, and they were eating beef.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually, Indians are not all one religion, and there are many people who do eat beef and other meat.

In Hinduism, the way that people and animals were created. Krishna first created man and woman, and then the woman (Radha, Krishna's wife) changed herself into a cow, and Krishna changed himself to a bull, and so on, he chased her while she turned herself into all the female animals by turning himself into the male animal. It's this kind of sexual love dance they did, creating the whole world. So, cattle are considered the first thing that God became after man, so, pretty important.

Many Indians are totally vegetarian, but milk and cheese are often still eaten.

Many Indians are Muslim and keep Halal. They eat beef and practice specific food restrictions similar to how Jews keep Kosher (Halal and Kosher are very similar in practice and foods restricted.)

Many Indians are Sikh, and they eat beef.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• its illegal in India so u can't eat it legally here :p

1|0
    0|0
  • Some don't, some do. Some believe that the cow is holy. Some don't eat meat at all because they believe in reincarnation and that their family could be one of those animals lying on your plate

1|1
    0|0
  • Hindus don't prefer eating beef... But there are some people who prefer not stay religious and they do eat

1|0
    0|0
  • In India mostly people who follow Hinduism avoid to eat beef because of religious beliefs.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hindus do not eat beef. Due to their religious beliefs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hindus don't eat beef only Muslim do

1|0
    0|1
  • Beef is good but meet or chiken is awasome

1|0
    0|0
  • This Indian eats beef.
    It's Hindus who don't eat it.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• No, some of them do. Muslims eats beef, and there are few Hindus who aren't very religious, so they don't mind eating beef.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hindus don't. Muslims do.

2|2
    0|0
  • Some do, some don’t

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes