Should junk food be banned from schools?

Should junk food be banned from schools??

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• In my school, they actually don't sell junk foods nor drinks like cola in the canteen. I heard no one complain about it actually, it's almost like we dont notice. And once a week, they usually give out free vegetable soup, or fruits. They taste good! But also, our school would only about once in a school year suddenly sell junk foods, and lots would swarm over to buy it! (But if you bring your own junk food to school, that's another story) Basically they just don't promote it but they won't reprimand for what you eat :)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It should be hearty good foods in schools. Things that fill you up not junk food that makes you hilungry 20 minuites later. Also nobody knows the person's background who attends school. They may rely on school as their only source as food. Good food that fills you up and is a mix bit healthy should be provided on a daily basis

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• No. Kids are going to eat junk food whether their school sells it or not. Plus, it will just lead to students selling snacks at school, which is more of a headache than it’s worth and will likely lead to disciplinary action taken against them, per school policy at many schools.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have mixed feelings on this honestly. I do think maybe it should be that students get a card that is tracked and they are allowed one per day. Completely removing sweets can cause a lack of control when they are available and limiting allows access and teaching servings. This could in general prevent so much child obesity.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. We need to teach young people how to make healthy choices. If you ban something they will only want it more.
    Junk food it okay for a sometime food.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think that it shouldn't be banned and that it should be available once a week!

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm gonna go with no since the "junk food" was always my best option considering I was underweight

0|0
    1|0
  • Yes we're all getting fat that's why I lost weight maybe to much so.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think YES. School going children don't know what is good or bad for their health.

0|0
    0|0
  • In an ideal world, yes.
    But I feel most schools would have a hard time implementing it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope it shouldn’t.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kind of. Depends though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Schools where I live don't tend to serve junk food

0|0
    0|0
  • It is banned. Except in private schools.

0|0
    1|0
  • Yes it should

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Well maybe not banned, but I'd say limited.

I think they should offer nutrition classes in high school tbh. The first food science and nutrition class I took was in college and that made me realize all the other food options that's cheaper and healthier for my body and mind.

Why in the hell would they not offer nutrition classes in high school is beyond me. Seems like the best time to start being educated about what to put in your body.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not nessesarily. But at least make them like special occasions like in germany. the Pizza or Burger&fries days are special days that happen once in a month. This way you appretiate it much more than if you see it everyday.. Its also healthier.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I don't get why you even serve it in America. You'd think children's health should be pretty damn important.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you mean the pizza students get every Thursday on a public school lunch, you are crazy.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but it should be considerably more expensive than healthier food choices.

0|0
    0|0
  • It should be banned everywhere in the world. Its a health hazard.

0|0
    0|0
  • They'll bring it in anyway

0|1
    0|0
  • No junk food is so good

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes