Have you ever gone sober?

This question is aimed at those who drink or do drugs. Have you ever taken a set amount of time and gone sober? Things that helped? Things that didn't?
I am looking for advise on how to be completely sober for the next six months. No real reason except I want to see how it feels.

07

Most Helpful Guy

• I love booze.

Back in 2013 I went a year without alcohol just to prove to myself that I could do it. It was extremely difficult at first but after the first month I was ok with it. I'm a social drinker and realized quickly that being in social situations was tough. To avoid temptation I would spend weekends at home and if I did go out, I'd call it an early night. After the first month that got easier and I was eventually able to be around people drinking with no problem.

• Interesting. That is kinda what I want to do. I am also trying to stop socially smoking lol and that goes hand in hand with drinking for me. I don't smoke any other time.

• If I don't drink, I can go months and months without even thinking about smoking. Even being around people who smoke doesn't effect me. Get a couple drinks into me and all I can think about is having a smoke

• Haha yeah I am a chain smoker if I drink