Why do people like spicy food?

It isn’t adding any more flavour and making it taste nicer, it is just making your mouth and nose sting.
I like spicy foods like indian, i am just asking why people add spice to a dish as it can take from the flavour.

35

Most Helpful Girl

• Makes food more appetizing. Sadly, I can't eat spicy :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do you no like spicy food? It's just a preference, you can't explain why you do or don't like things.

• I like spicy food but that is the dish itself. I think adding a lot of spice makes you concentrate on the flavour less.

• Aye, that's an opinion. The people who like spicy food probably prefer the spice to the flavour, or something along those lines. It's just who we are as people with individualities.