Should I eat bacon and drink alcohol?

So I'm an Atheist who used to be a Muslim and used to follow Islam quite closely. As such, I've never tried any alcohol nor have I eaten any pig products.

I've never been tempted to try them and this actually used to give me a sense of pride as I would always look around at all the people getting drunk in my country and how they would do shameful things like urinate and defecate in public, pick a fight with someone for no reason, vomit on themselves, cheat on their partner, etc. And the bacon part I also liked because I always thought of pigs as being filthy creatures whose meat is unhealthy, though I'm not sure if that's just myth.

But the way people talk about alcohol and bacon is as if they're some of the best things in this world. So I was wondering if at any time I should at least try them. I do have a mental illness though and have been told that alcohol could give me a relapse so if I do try it I should tread carefully. What do you guys think?
  • I should only try bacon
    Vote A
  • I should only try alcohol
    Vote B
  • I should try both
    Vote C
  • I should try neither
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My recommendations for pork are applewood smoked bacon or Chinese-style braised pork.

Here's an ex-muslim trying bacon for the first time:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpsD8qbqtS0

0|0
    0|0
    • Who the fuck puts brown sugar and honey on it? It's been cure so try it with its proper flavor

• Haha, I know him, he's IntovertedSmiles. I've seen a number of his videos.

• That's cool. For the last bit, I meant braised pork belly. It's a fatty cut that's melt in your mouth delicious. For that reason, both bacon and pork belly should be eaten sparingly. Though definitely something you should try at least once.

With Chinese braised pork belly, it's normally cooked in wine, so you will get the best of both worlds. Luckily, cooking alcohol burns off the alcohol content while still keeping flavor.

For a leaner cut of pork you can eat more often, go with Canadian bacon.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't speak to the religious beliefs, of any religion, but I have a science degree, and have made it something of a hobby, maybe, reading about 'ethnobiology' (herbal treatments for illness) and the religious basis for some issues with certain foods, or avoiding eating some things.
    A thousand years ago, when some of those religious texts were written, there were issues with eating certain things, and they made then 'unholy' to protect the people from eating them and getting sick, maybe killing them.
    Now, with the Food Laws, and regulations, those issues are no longer a problem. Some choose to keep to the 'WORD' of their religious way, and I respect that choice, following the 'WAY' of the Religion!!
    Others, and I know MANY Muslems, that drink, and love bacon!! It is their choice, and I do not think less of them, choosing, and some are VERY RELIGIOUS, and PRAY, at the times, and respect the Prophet, but they choose to interpret some of the dietary things, differently.
    For each person, I think it must be a PERSONAL CHOICE! YOU interpret the 'TEACHINGS' and the 'RELIGION' and CHOOSE, how it fits, in your life!!!
    I have Devout Muslem friends, that only eat Halal meat, or vegetarian, or sometimes we go to some Halal Deli, and I always feel welcome, there, respecting their ways!
    I also have some Jewish friends, that keep Kosher! Same thing.
    I just recently met a guy from India, Hindu, and he has OTHER food things!!
    I feel like I am becoming a food chameleon, just going along with any of the friends, and what they like!! I am actually pleasantly surprised that I like some things that they like, that I never imagined!!

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• You can try turkey bacon. It's not as good as pig bacon, but it's healthier and not from a pig.

1|1
    0|0
    • Also you can do virgin drinks if you want.

I eat bacon and drink alcohol.. some is good and some is not. I personally see nothing wrong if you try both.

• Yep, thanks for your advice.

• Trying bacon for the first time in your life is going to be mind-blowing, my friend.

1|2
    0|0
  • With the mental illness, you may want to stay away from alcohol. Bacon is delicious. Pigs are not any more unhealthy or unclean than anything else these days.

1|1
    0|0
  • Where the fuck do you live where people are puking on themselves and soiling themselves in public

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol Australia

• Show All
    • Kidding kidding

• Do whatever your little heart desires

1|1
    0|0
  • I love bacon.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• I dunno, man. I work with a guy who was raised Hindu and says he gets irrationally guilty every time he eats beef, even though he's an Atheist.

Bacon is pretty boss, though. And honestly, all the stuff you listed that alcohol causes... only happens when the drinker is an douchebag.

If you're not a douchebag and you don't think you'll feel guilty, have at it.

0|1
    0|0
    • For me it has nothing to do with guilt but rather whether it's something healthy and beneficial that I'll enjoy doing and is worthwhile. That's what I'm trying to figure out when questioning if it's something I should try.

• Bacon I don't see a problem with. I'm an atheist myself and I despise alcohol as much as a Muslim and for the same reasons. I wouldn't bother with it.

1|1
    0|0
  • So, now that you're an atheist you aren't answerable to anyone except for yourself. And then what's the harm in trying these things? Just don't overdo both 😂😂 if you dont like it you can stop doing it. But try and then decide for yourself rather than believing and following what others have been doing and what's been told to you.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you have mental health issues, you should stay away from drugs, and alcohol is a drug.

0|1
    0|0
  • With alcohol, it's just bad for you all together so you don't need that shit.

As far as pigs being filthy goes, well they like to wallow in mud and they are omnivorous so they can eat just about anything although they will rarely eat meat.
    So that's true about them.
    Now what they don't tell you, is ig a pig is allowed to roam free, they are very clean animals and will actually go away to shit and piss and will bury it. Much cleaner than a cow or a chicken or a horse or a goat etc etc.

Bacon is very tasty yet unhealthy but lean pork cuts have less fat than prime beef and are just as rich in protein.

0|1
    0|0
  • Bacon tastes so good but healthwise is a terrible meat. Probably the original reason its banned by islam. But we all gunna die 1 day so meh. Try alcohol you'll know if you like it. Try everything once in life

0|1
    0|0
  • You can have fun with alcohol without being drunk out of your mind, like when I drink I only get to the point where I laugh easy and feel wavy. Also bacon taste great so you should try that too

0|1
    0|0
  • You live only once. Embrace jesus and snip off your cock like the SJWs want you to do. Next life eat the bacon and do the other thing.

0|1
    0|0
  • Alcohol affects people in a different way and it also depends on how many drinks you have. You can drink and don't be a fool.

0|1
    0|0
  • trying won't hurt you. then you'll definitely know if you've missing out or not. pigs aren't that dirty anyway.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a firm believer in trying everything, you have nothing to lose by trying

0|1
    0|0
  • Try them both at the same time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Bacon is overrated
    Vodka is awesome

0|1
    0|0
  • Bacon is really good, being drunk is no fun

0|1
    0|0
  • As a vegan I'm not going to encourage anyone to eat animals, but in our current society apparently we only care about humans, so sure, eat some bacon if you like.

As for alcohol, entirely up to you again. I don't think it's anything special and most alcohol is an acquired taste so if you haven't drank any before, you probably won't like it. But again, it's up to you. There really is no harm in drinking some in moderation. I'd never condone drinking to get drunk though.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah that's what I forgot to mention; many people say that alcohol doesn't taste good, at least not at first. They seem to like it for the effects rather than the taste.

Recommended myTakes