Do you think enough love is given to 'Fish Fingers'(in UK since 1955)? For so many of us still, they are the quintessential taste of childhood?

Do you think enough love is given to 'Fish Fingers'(in UK since 1955)? For so many of us still, they are the quintessential taste of childhood?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Fish finger and tartar sauce day in school was the best! In upper secondary school we used skip the next class to keep eating them :D

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• They are ok for a quick meal. Personally I would sooner have fresh fish. You know the ones I just caught myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Fish finger sandwiches are the best

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't know... I can't eat them

0|1
    0|0
    • How can 'Afishy2' not eat fish?

• Show All
    • There aren't gluten free fish fingers? I used to be on a gluten free diet and I'm pretty sure non-gluten fish fingers were a thing in the UK a decade ago.

• @HappyWheels I haven't heard of any... I'm sure there are, but I haven't seen them

What Guys Said 11

• They may be the quintessential taste of childhood, but in a big boy now and I like more fish than bread on my plate. I’ll pass and take a salmon roulade or spicy tuna hand roll instead, thanks! Besides, the only thing those sticks were really good for was shoveling copious amount of ketchup into my mouth haha. It was never about the fish.

0|1
    0|0
    • Fair call- love high-grade fish but still haven't turned my back on them. A fish finger wrap is awesome

• The quality of most fish fingers is lower than I remember as a kid, and have you seen the latest outrage! They're replacing Captain Birdseye with an you Italian actor! HOW DARE THEY! I may never eat fish fingers again.

0|1
    0|0
  • My mum used to make me fish finger sandwhiches as a kid, I still like them now.

0|1
    0|0
    • they are the BEST- even at a school i taught at, they introduced fish fingers in the kiosk. it went fucking gonzo

• No, they need more love.
    They are so good and a childhood food for so many people.

0|1
    0|0
    • fish fingers and custard- try it ;)

• Show All
    • Well whatever path in life you choose to take, i hope you find happiness.
      I really mean that, you seem like a really great guy.

• Happiness is such an ambiguous term. The thing I will say is I love life and the glorious uncertainty in it.

Same for you, you are a lovely fellow. Hopefully you find everything you desire and much more

• best hangover cure ever in a sandwich with chips and tommie sauce

0|1
    0|0
  • Love them since I was a kid too. In Canada we call them fish sticks...

0|1
    0|0
  • I really like them. Have you tried them with custard?

0|1
    0|0
  • Fish finger sandwiches with tomato ketchup ❤️

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think I've eaten a fish stick since I was 12.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah! Fish Fingers = Life

0|1
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes