Why can't caucasians eat spicy food?

Why was Columbus trying to find Indians for their spices (spice trade among other things) when he probably found ketchup too spicy. Also by spicy food I don't mean one drop of sriracha in your chicken 💀, I mean proper spicy seasoned food.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• False. Many white people can eat spicy food its a stereotype. But... If you must know, its the genetic predisposition of how the body handles capsaicin which is the chemical compound in foods that are deemed hot. In ALL mammals it is an irritant however, like anything else those who consume it on a regular basis develop a tolerance for it. This is primarily people who have different ethnicity than Caucasian since peppers and hot chiles require a tropical like growing season which Europe and North America doesn't have. Thus the haven't had the time to develop a tolerance for it until its introduced in their diets. They are some who have which is why I said false. I am someone who can eat spicy food and not have a problem, but I grew up around it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend is as white as they come and he eats so spicy I just cry when I taste it. Preference in seasoning has nothing to do with race.

0|2
    0|0
    • So it's just a coincidence that Caucasians tend to use the least spices when cooking and find simpe jalapeno peppers or sriracha to be too spicy?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• I agree. My wife is Indian and she can handle so much heat it's insane. One time I was eating the poon like a PB&J sammich at 3 am. She had something so spicy I could taste it on the poon and started crying. When she I asked why I just said it's cause I love her so much. She hugged and kissed me and put that big ol titty in my mouth.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hard to say Columbus was looking to make money on spices not use them himself. To what degree the stereotype of white people not liking spice is true I don't know. I will say it could be since race is definitely a thing and race gives us certain genetic characteristics. Maybe spices don't grow well in cold climates it's hard to say.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can eat spicy food no problem.

In fact I don’t know anybody who can eat spicier.
    But it wasn’t always this way. I had to train myself on vindaloos and gradually built my tolerance up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go to Italy, and see what spicy meatballs you can get. Most Americans do not come from Spain, or Italy. We come from Nords, and Danes who eat raw potatos. Try that!

0|0
    0|0
    • Italian food is so bland and its so weak on spice radar

• Show All
    • You probably found it spicy cuz ur cauc, your spice radar is low

• What about South America?

• Did you just reason this question but change "white people" to "Caucasian"?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm so cracker, you couldn't see me in virgin snow. Yet, I live for spicy food.

0|0
    0|0
  • I fucking love spicy food and im hella white. Irish/British.

0|0
    0|0
    • British people think bell peppers are spicy

• Show All
    • Frank's is not spicy at all. It's a 2 out of 10.

• Thats what i said lmao. Mad dog 357 is hot

• My father likes ghost peppers and we're white so, why don't you take your stereotypes away

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm white and I love properly spiced and prepared foods.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well Columbus was Italian, right? He wasn't 100% white

0|0
    0|0
  • This is a completely false stereotype. I am white and enjoy superhot peppers.

0|0
    0|0
    • "Bell peppers" aren't superhot to the rest of the world, just caucs

• Let me know when you want to sit down and eat some Carolina Reapers with me.

• that my friend is rascist😲😲

0|0
    0|0
  • You're wrong lol

0|0
    0|0
    • You're ugly, that's not wrong either

• Wow chill out, I was just trying to say that not all Caucasians can't eat spicy food.

• I'm Caucasian and I love spicy food

0|0
    1|0
  • I love spicy food as much as annnybody

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm Caucasian and I love spicy food

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Dude- caucasians generally eat the spiciest food imaginable.
    The spicy dishes at most Arabic restaurants make wasabi taste mild, for example.

0|0
    0|0
    • Arabian dishes aren't spicy. Don't kid yourself.

• Show All
    • you're right.
      But it's nobody's fault but your own that yu have nothing better to do with your time than critique something as meaningless as the taste palette as a complete stranger online.

• I'd tell you to drink water to cool down, but you'd probably find that spicy too 💀😭😂

• That's generalizing a race. Not all Caucasians are like that. I LOVE spicy food. Though I'm not just Caucasian I'm mixed.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes