Do people ever get surprised by the size of your appetite?

As a skinny girl (I am 5 feet and 5 inches tall and I weigh 108 ish) most people assume that I only eat air πŸ˜‚. Thus, whenever I am out with my friend at a restaurant, they are always stunned to see how much I eat. πŸ˜‚ Does this happen with any of you too? Please share your experiences!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A study was done of some people who always stay fit even in their 40s but who eat whatever they want. Conclusion was that they may eat a lot at meals or β€˜unhealthy’ but over the course of a whole day they still eat less than obese people because they don’t snack all day long.
    Also getting into top shape in your teens/20s is a good idea. It carries over later in life & makes things easier

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for the advice! by the way, I am kinda lazy. Should I like join a gym and make myself fitter?

• If you want but don’t pay for a personal trainer. Find someone else who knows gym safety to teach you.. which I guess you know if you took gym in school.
      Or bike a lot.. walk a lot (people laugh but walking is good exercise.) Yoga... swimming, hiking... lots of stuff.

If you’re going to school you may have a free/cheap school gym you can use.

It’s also mental stuff (for me) like my whole life I’ll usually take the stairs instead of an elevator whenever possible. Plus take 2 stairs at a time instead if one. Or walk 2 blocks instead of driving. Now in my 40s I can be lazy af for long stretches but I’m never out of shape. I’m going to get back to regular exercise soon tho.

Good luck

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I used to be able to eat and eat and not gain a Pound. It was awesome after kid 1. Lost the baby weight eating pizza. But after kid 2, it like all caught up to me at once. No I have to actually exercise and diet :(

0|0
    0|0
    • I guess that will apply for me too later on! πŸ˜…πŸ˜… But as a child, did your mom ever insist on you to gain weight? My mom gets worried all the time and even lifts me to show me how light I am πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. It gets kinda annoying to be honest.

• No, we're a hefty family

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Yea, this is exactly my story. Some people think everybody has like the exact same metabolism. Which is strange. But they do xD. They think every skinny person is watching their diet a lot. And every very skinny person is anorexic xD but that's ok. Don't let it bring you down. Most of them are jealous anyways

1|0
    0|0
  • I Could Realte To Your Problem As I Am A 6 ft Guy With A Weight Of 70kgs Still People Feel Like I Am Surviving On Air And Been A Victim Of The Same Things Like You Have Mentioned

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I'm 5'9" and I weigh about 140. And I can eat almost a whole $5 pizza to myself when I'm super hungry.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well people might be surprised by my lack of appetite despite being an adolescent teenage male xD

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, im a big guy and people think I eat a lot, but I fuckin eat much more than that.
    Set a record of almost 5 pounds of meat...

0|0
    0|0
  • I remember some simular girls eating like a horse. And waiters suggesting child portions. Yeah it happens a lott!! I don't see the problem doh.. i find it amusing.. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • In my country (Philippines) we call those guys as Crocodiles. Has massive amount of food in a plate, yet skinny

1|0
    0|0
  • I only weigh 104 lb and my height is 5'7 but I eat like a elephant on munchies cuz I usually eat 4 meals and few snacks.

0|0
    0|0
    • And I also eat a meal or 3 snacks at midnight

• That is awesome! If I knew you, we could go out for a date 🀣🀣

• Me reacting like

0|0
    0|0
  • U have fast metabolism,
    when I'm out with friends I eat the most & gulp very fast
    but always finish last

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but not because I eat a lot but because I'm kinda fat with no appetite

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah not really. Everyone knows I go to the gym everyday so I eat a ton.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah i can eat twice as much as my elder brother

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol I'm fat so noπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
    • πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Fat enough to cradle carry a girl like me? I really love fat dudes who can scoop me up easily πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Show All
    • Awesome! So if we ever meet, you have a shot at dating me (provided you are willing to carry me around at times since I am a lazy sloth bear)πŸ˜‚

• Lol cool 😏

• Same dude

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because I'm myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • All the time. 4 meals a day plus snacks

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it happens

0|0
    0|0
  • Noooo

0|0
    0|0
  • high metabolism.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely

0|0
    0|0
    • How do the people around you react? Also, is your mom constantly pestering you to gain weight? My mom is worried that I don't eat and tries to feed me every 2 hours πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• People are surprised that i am so skinny but i eat so much
      Mom thinks i will make myself sick
      That's alright that will just make room for even more

• They get used to it lol eventually

• on the other hand, im 5'8" 130, and i dont even eat that much

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Nope. Because I don’t eat much at all. I get full fast.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5ft 90lbs and yeah sometimes lol but I don't have that much appetite lately so

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh god yes I have a huge appetite and eat so much more than my friends (male and female) and its kind of embarrassing because it makes me feel like a pig.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes