Do people ever get surprised by the size of your appetite?

As a skinny girl (I am 5 feet and 5 inches tall and I weigh 108 ish) most people assume that I only eat air πŸ˜‚. Thus, whenever I am out with my friend at a restaurant, they are always stunned to see how much I eat. πŸ˜‚ Does this happen with any of you too? Please share your experiences!

423

Most Helpful Guy

• A study was done of some people who always stay fit even in their 40s but who eat whatever they want. Conclusion was that they may eat a lot at meals or β€˜unhealthy’ but over the course of a whole day they still eat less than obese people because they don’t snack all day long.
    Also getting into top shape in your teens/20s is a good idea. It carries over later in life & makes things easier

• Thanks for the advice! by the way, I am kinda lazy. Should I like join a gym and make myself fitter?

• If you want but don’t pay for a personal trainer. Find someone else who knows gym safety to teach you.. which I guess you know if you took gym in school.
      Or bike a lot.. walk a lot (people laugh but walking is good exercise.) Yoga... swimming, hiking... lots of stuff.

If you’re going to school you may have a free/cheap school gym you can use.

It’s also mental stuff (for me) like my whole life I’ll usually take the stairs instead of an elevator whenever possible. Plus take 2 stairs at a time instead if one. Or walk 2 blocks instead of driving. Now in my 40s I can be lazy af for long stretches but I’m never out of shape. I’m going to get back to regular exercise soon tho.

Good luck

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I used to be able to eat and eat and not gain a Pound. It was awesome after kid 1. Lost the baby weight eating pizza. But after kid 2, it like all caught up to me at once. No I have to actually exercise and diet :(

• I guess that will apply for me too later on! πŸ˜…πŸ˜… But as a child, did your mom ever insist on you to gain weight? My mom gets worried all the time and even lifts me to show me how light I am πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. It gets kinda annoying to be honest.

• No, we're a hefty family