Why do people prefer hamburgers over hotdogs?

I don't understand. Is there something wrong with me?

918

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

What Guys Said 17

• If you are unsure of who supplied the hot dogs, there is a chance that the meat could be a mixture of beef, pork, chicken, or any combination of those meats. Some people want 100% beef hot dogs, and if they are unsure of the meat it's comprised of, you can be more sure if you go for the hamburger. I like both, and when you put the option of both in front of me but limit me to only one, I'm literally sitting there for 10 minutes trying to figure out what I want.
    The Comparison
    Hot Dogs: cooks quickly. Can be boiled, microwaved, grilled, or pan-fried. Can be mixed into dishes like mac and cheese. But as I said, they don't all taste the same. The spices added, the meat composition, or the casing are not in your control unless you make them yourself.
    Hamburgers: More food per individual sandwich. Usually 100% beef, and if it's not, those who make the patties proudly label what other meat they used (bison, turkey). If you buy raw patties, you can season it how you want to. Can control portion sizes. You can use a white bread loaf, buns, rolls, some people will even use lettuce for hamburgers, where hot dogs are limited to bread loaves and hot dog buns.
    Also, hot dogs and their buns are sold in a specific amount. Hot dogs are meat and meat is usually sold by the pound. So if you have 10 hot dogs in a package, each hot dog is 1/10th of a pound.
    When it comes to the two, in terms of efficiently satisfying a meaty craving, hamburger is the better option. Hot dogs are quicker, but they don't satisfy hunger quicker, you can't choose how hot dogs are comprised unless you put them together yourself (even if you do that, it's a time consuming process), and you have more choices with hamburgers in terms of seasoning, cook time, doneness, and bun.
    Nothing is wrong with your preference. I myself love hot dogs. I'm one of those people that won't eat the same thing two days in a row, but hot dogs are an exception to that. I've eaten them 4 days in a row before. At the end of the day, though, I made them all the about the same way. I cooked it, put it on a bun, and maybe added mustard. I make burgers all the time and I rarely make them the same way twice because I just have so many options when it comes to enjoying a burger.

• This was a roast Ik it

• Well I am learning about meat processing and producing things like hot dogs, hamburgers, sausage, jerky, etc. So I spent a lot of time learning about hot dogs.

• Hot dogs are normally much lower quality because of the fact that they are not on the mebu of most restaurants or fast food chains. Hamburgers are also more prominent, so people will be more likely to get attached to them

• My answer to this comparison can be varied as you can get pretty bad quality, super fatty burger patties as well as bad quality hot dogs. So a high quality hot dog will win out for me vs. a burger with poor quality meat and vice versa. I do love a high quality hot dog that has been char grilled and has a good bun to weiner ratio and quality toppings such as: dijon mustard, diced raw onions, dill pickle relish, cheese and a bit of sauerkraut.

• I feel I can do more with a hamburger. I can add bacon, cheese, sauce, pepperoni, chorizo, etc. Whereas when I have a hotdog all I have is ketchup on it

• Its all in the meat. Hamburgers patties taste a lot better than a hotdog.

• I ate hamburgers last night

now im about to eat a couple of hot dogs

I got the best of both worlds

• I love to eat hotdogs with sauerkraut and Dijon mustard. Soo good. It's the only time I will eat sauerkraut.

• Because I can't put ketchup on you without being judged in public. Just kidding u like hamburgers because I prefer meat that is fried.

• They're both good but I like burgers better. What's better than either of them is bratwurst, knockwurst, and Italian sausage.

• I just hate sausages they put in...

• Salad maybe?

• Three words. Chili. Cheese. Burger.

• Fuck hotdogs. They fucking suck

• There is more to eat and you are more full

• you're cool. I'm just not that much into weeners

• I like both actually

• Different people different choices