Question for meat-eaters, would you support a ban on factory farming even if it meant you could only eat meat a few times a week?

925

Most Helpful Guy

• yep.
    in a heartbeat.
    I've raised my own pigs and chooks, killed and cleaned chickens and fish and cooked and ate them, was absolutely amazing, the taste of a happy pig is like nothing I've eaten for a damn long time and probably for a long time yet.
    the welfare in the factory farms and slaughterhouses is diabolical.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love meat but I don't eat it that often because it's rather expensive and I usually don't have time to cook. I eat meat maybe 2-3 times per week. Sometimes more, especially during hunting season or if my family has a cow go down and we butcher it.
    I do think that something needs to be done about the amounts of methane produced by beef farms. It's been mentioned in politics before that a meat tax might be introduced to discourage people from buying so much. I'm interested to see if that will help out current environmental problem or not.