Question for meat-eaters, would you support a ban on factory farming even if it meant you could only eat meat a few times a week?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• yep.
    in a heartbeat.
    I've raised my own pigs and chooks, killed and cleaned chickens and fish and cooked and ate them, was absolutely amazing, the taste of a happy pig is like nothing I've eaten for a damn long time and probably for a long time yet.
    the welfare in the factory farms and slaughterhouses is diabolical.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I love meat but I don't eat it that often because it's rather expensive and I usually don't have time to cook. I eat meat maybe 2-3 times per week. Sometimes more, especially during hunting season or if my family has a cow go down and we butcher it.
    I do think that something needs to be done about the amounts of methane produced by beef farms. It's been mentioned in politics before that a meat tax might be introduced to discourage people from buying so much. I'm interested to see if that will help out current environmental problem or not.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• I would totally support a ban on factory farming, the practice is horrible, but I wouldn't reduce the amount of meat I eat because I hunt, fish, and raise my own

1|1
    0|0
  • We don't really have "factory" farming here... I literally know the people I buy meat from... We buy it directly from their farm... Even so we are such a little country "Factory" farming isn't needed here...

0|1
    0|0
  • No I eat meat almost every meal every day and so long as the animals were humanely slaughtered (properly stunned and killed) I see no reason to ban it. As others have said, you haven't provided any reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • For what reason would it be banned? I think reasons are more important question here, rather the how frequently I can eat meat

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, but I also work out a lot so I would need to have easy and affordable access to alternate sources of protein rich foods

0|0
    0|0
  • Let me ask this though... is there any reason I'd support it even if that weren't the case?

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly yes because the meat industry is so disgusting as is. That it is actually bad for our health...

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. My family owns a ranch so we can have our own livestock and raise them with better care than those industrial farms.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care cos I only eat meat like twice a week but I guarantee they would not support that

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i support a ban on factory farming even if met i could eat meat a few times a week.

0|0
    0|0
  • The problem is it would become more like only the rich can afford to eat meat.

1|0
    0|0
    • That's what I was saying. Though those factories are inhuman it's not feasable to ban them

• Sure. I hunt once a year and that supplies me with most of my meat anyways.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd have to eat more meat so it would be a few times a week.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm already eating meat a few times a week, sometimes even less.

0|0
    0|0
  • it is compileately bullshit
    meat is the most important food

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I eat meat daily

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I rather fish anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • I support banning big farming in general.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Bacon is lyfe. Fuck herbivores. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I would mind

0|0
    0|0
  • FUCK no

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Yes, especially since I do like meat, but do just fine without it. I'm still working on figuring out my ethics redgarding eating meat though. I don't see the problem in eating little meat, humanity just consumes so much that it's harmful to animals (hence why factory farming exists, to supply more)

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that is fine. Who needs to eat meat more than a few times a week?

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't answer that since you've given no reasons why we would ban it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. I eat meat but itโ€™s not a huge part of my diet

0|0
    0|0
  • As fellow meat eater and fellow farmer. No one would care.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I don't like the abuse the animals can go through

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. And I love meat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Not everyone owns a farm.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes