I can't eat normal food because most foods have a few chemicals in them that give me crippling migraine. Should I feel depressed?

I can't have foods with natural, artificial flavors or message in them. I can'r eat any of my favorite foods and I am unable to eat our at most restaurants. I'm not overweight but I have always loved food. I am also alergic to dairy, so there goes anything with milk. Only able to shop at a few stores for food and there is a very limifed selection for me. I understand there are billions of people starving on this planet and I'm sad about having to only eat certain foods. I can also hardly afford these foods, but If I eat them I will have a 3 day migraine that leaves me bed riden and sometimes even causes me to be in so much pain I vomit, and I miss days of work which is not paid sick leave. How should I feel, because it makes me depressed.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• A someone with a chronic invisible illness I understand how one could be depressed. Its real easy to be blue. I hope that you are being followed by doctors.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I'm sorry to hear that. there's nothing they can do.

• No I have a rare genetic connective tissue disease and there is no cure. The best thing is to manage its symptoms. I get 26 Botox Injections every 12 weeks. Also it was discovered that since my headaches were originating at the base of my skull (also called occipital headaches) that I had too much fluid on the brain. I had a build up of cerberal spinal fluid also called hydrocephalus. I had lots of testing including a lumbar puncture that concluded I had high pressure readings in the brain. I had brain surgery 11 weeks ago to have a vp shunt installed. With all of this it has greatly decreased my migraines and I feel good. I wish you all the best and hope you can get some answers.

• Hey guess what, im vegan and gluten free bc i get ill when i eat meat and gluten. My sister has celiac and she can't have gluten or else she will be bedridden for a week. I used to get migraines but i changed my diet and you are quite lucky

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes