The reason I am most likely to NOT try a new food is_________?

The reason I am most likely to NOT try a new food is_________?
  • If it has a smell I don't like (not rotten food, that's a given, but just a smell you don't like)
    Vote A
  • If I handle it, and the texture looks/feels gross
    Vote B
  • If the food just flat out looks gross
    Vote C
  • If no one else is trying it
    Vote D
  • If a stranger has made it
    Vote E
  • Someone else I know said they didn't like it past or present
    Vote F
  • Because I am set in my ways. I simply don't want to try new things.
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If the food doesn't look good I won't eat or touch it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There are a lot of things for me that will contribute for this decision. Looks, smell and texture will definitely affect my decision, however I might give it a try in the end. If I hate it then I won't try it again. But, if it looks and smells really gross then probably I won't even touch it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• I actually like broccoli. I wouldn't try a new food if I find it gross (texture or smell).
    For example, even if I weren't a vegetarian, I would never try any kind of offal, because it looks and smells disgusting.
    I would never try a squid, or any other kind of cephalopods, because they look like some alien monsters (e. g "face-hugger" from Alien).
    I would never try crabs, because they look like insects.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are many reasons I wouldn't try something, but few that could stop me alone. I have no interest in artificial foods, or eating animals that were tortured or abused. Other than that, it would take multiples of the reasons you listed to stop me from trying new foods. I didn't get to be a live-action Homer Simpson by being shy around edible concoctions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Even though I woke up at 2:30 and just spent enough time on the toilet for my legs to go numb I'm still gonna try new things from questionable sources.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say smell is the only thing that has the possibility of stopping me from trying, but I think I would try pretty much anything at least once.

0|0
    0|0
  • None of the above. I love trying new foods. May not always like them but I am always down to give them a shot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Smell is worth like... 30+ plus of taste so if it doesn't smell good I'm not likely to eat it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's all in the mind. There is nothing i don't eat that is food beside celiac/gluten.

0|0
    0|0
  • It looks something different and, I doubt I wouldn't like it. Maybe, it has some ingredients which, I hate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I said no

0|0
    0|0
  • Tastes bad

0|0
    0|0
  • If its food i dont care what it is yum mf

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's not meat, I'm always willing to try.

0|0
    0|2
  • Because I only eat vegan.

0|0
    0|2
  • I try most but if it looks gross then probably not

0|0
    0|0
  • I always try new things

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 16

• Probably Option A mostly. But sometimes when i put it in my mouth and the texture isn’t nice, that kind of doesn’t help too

0|0
    0|0
  • A, B & C

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually stick to what I like cause the times I've did try something new, I ended up not liking it and it became a waste of money/food. The only reason I do like some foods, is cause of my boyfriend since he likes the exotic stuff. I would have never known how good sushi is if he never introduced it to me. But if we're going to chili's, I will always pick honey chipotles chicken crisper and nothing else.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't eat things that have faces, are alive when you begin eating them, were pets at one time, have been named, were found somewhere & may have eaten God knows what ~ maybe a pile of poison animals or any organism for that matter that have obvious signs of some disease ~ like a tumor (Ewww!), or anything that as a pretty high chance of causing the symptom of death or wishing-for-death if the "specially trained chef" makes a minor mistake and cooks a little bit of the "death gland" in with the rest of it because s/he was busy laughing at some joke along with the other chef at the time.

Other than those reasons, I'm pretty open to eating weird/unusual foods, even if it seems gross for one reason or another...

Oh, and if the chef is a lazy potato and doesn't do so, I de-poop my shrimp by removing that dark line going down their back. I should have put it in my list above I suppose, I don't eat poop (from anything). I just thought it went without saying I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, because I'm afraid I'll be allergic and die.

0|0
    0|0
  • Smell or texture i'd say lol.
    the look will only make a difference if it smells bad or i don't like the texture so i'd put those two first.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it was once alive 🤷‍♀️ meat products are really the only thing I won't try.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will try anything but it the smell is off or it looks funny I will hesitate

0|0
    0|0
  • None of these actually - only if there were a severe hygiene issue there. That's a big no-no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most times it is just the smell or look of the food.

0|0
    0|0
  • It looks like it's covered in blood or it looks slimy or looks like its moving

0|0
    0|0
  • All of the above.

0|0
    0|0
    • If I even think anything is even slightly off I won't try it as not to embarrass myself by gagging or spitting into a napkin low key.

• Looks gross.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it looks gross

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m a vegetarian.

0|0
    0|1
  • All of the above except G

0|0
    0|0