Would you tip someone more if he or she was good looking?

Assuming the employee did his or her job right, would you tip someone who's good looking more over those who aren't good looking?
Would you tip someone more if he or she was good looking?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. I tip based on quality of service.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• As a person who did waitressing to support myself, and a person who is an average looking (meaning i am comfortable with myself. i am fit 5'3, 110 lbs, just an average brunette, i smile a lot vs.) can testify that i was doing much better job that i was getting a tip averaging around 19% at the end of the night (which is good given that the customary tip should be around 15%) vs. a ditzy girl who was basically horrible (according to almost every other wait-staff at the restaurant) she was always getting an average of 30-35% even though she took the wrong order like instead of platter she bring a regular with no sauce, no fries, or she was definitely treating customers based on their races etc. i and three other wait-staff always believed that it was because she was a very attractive 9-10/10 girl with 5'9 height, blue eyes, long blonde hair and very skinny.

Maybe our claims were wrong but i do believe people tip based on attractiveness no matter how the service is.

i personally tip based on friendliness, being capable of making a small talk, knowing when to stop by and ask whether we need anything rather than every other second while i am eating (cuz i hate that) ...

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 31

• I try not to. But human nature makes all of us treat attractive people much better then those who are not. Most people don't want to admit they do this, but the data says otherwise. I can also say that I am willing to bet that many people here have witnessed this behavior first hand. I know I have. Time and time again.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tip everyone 15% always because it’s only fair but never because they’re attractive should influence my chances of taking more out of my wallet.

I tend to tip more if they’re are friendly or this similarities (hobbies, goals, etc) which means the personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd tip someone based on how much I personally like them. Since this is based off personality, their looks are a non-factor.

All good looks will do is make me stare a sec or two longer, but that's it. Some people are good-looking but fucking garbage in terms of personality, so.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's no secret that most guys DO tip an attractive girl a lot more. Even some women will do this.

Personally, I never do this. We've got to start somewhere if we want fairness.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I don't like tipping in general speaking because I think it's the employer's job to give the employees a good enough wage. If the employer is giving a too low salary, it's their problem and they've to fix it. I'm not responsible for it other than voting on political parties that support the worker's rights.

But I do however look more at attractive people and prefer more attention from them than the average ones. I'm also more comfortable with them being flirty than someone I finds unattractive. I'm just being honest here.

0|0
    0|0
  • Funny thing is I know I work twice as hard as a female server but since I didn't have boobs I made half with a made but in the other world I make more than what women make f***** up

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really tip beyond a £1 or £2 and its usually just based on what change i have so no

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but I am from Finland, where we don't really tip (cause waiters are actually paid, as they are supposed to).

0|1
    0|0
    • Lmao same as me in the UK. Also I'm a student so I don't really tip because I have no money lol.

• Well, it is in men's nature to perceive attractive women in better light, but overall I would not and do not tip.

0|0
    0|0
  • probably if they both gave the same quality of service.

0|0
    0|0
  • Approx 15% for satisfactory service... attractiveness would have nothing to do with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. The tip is because of the waiter and how he served me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I rarely go out to restaurants but when I do I and the other people I'm with cheap in.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they're flirty and give good service, a 50% tip from me is normal. Looks can just be average

0|0
    0|0
  • nope, you cute n all but I have been waiting for my drink for 30min...

0|0
    0|0
  • No I just usually keep it consistent based on quality of the service.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe yes.. but would still be tips.. not a big sum😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely!

0|0
    0|0
  • I never tip I have my reason's.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't tip anyone no matter what...

0|2
    0|1
  • Definitely, I already have ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d like to say no but I probably do

0|0
    0|0
  • Like that I was blocked for nada

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not

0|0
    0|0
  • nope

0|0
    0|0
  • I would tip less

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't go to that places

0|0
    0|0
  • no i wouldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I rarely give tips.

0|0
    0|1
  • Why not

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 13

• I don't care if a girl is good looking but if I have a good looking guy I will tip him more. I might also tip him more if he is older and looks like he has a family to support.

0|0
    0|2
  • I think that already happens to be honest. But I just tip regardless of what the person looks like as long as they give my food and good service. and are nice and not mean... and won't do shady stuff to my food.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course people do that. Deny it all you want, but it's the truth. Attractive people get better tips.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah, just how well they did the job.. unless she started flirting with me, then I wouldn't be able to resist.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not if their customer service skills sucked. idc if your King Tut you not getting a dime off me

0|0
    0|0
  • No I would only tip extra if the service deserved it

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, i tip of service, nothing to do with looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't make difference.

0|0
    0|0
  • No tip from me regardless.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will tip the way it deserve

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope if he didn't deserve it

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because they do get tipped way more by most people, so they don’t need it as much.

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL men who said no are lying.

1|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes