Would you tip someone more if he or she was good looking?

Assuming the employee did his or her job right, would you tip someone who's good looking more over those who aren't good looking?

• Yes
  • No

1432

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. I tip based on quality of service.

Most Helpful Girl

• As a person who did waitressing to support myself, and a person who is an average looking (meaning i am comfortable with myself. i am fit 5'3, 110 lbs, just an average brunette, i smile a lot vs.) can testify that i was doing much better job that i was getting a tip averaging around 19% at the end of the night (which is good given that the customary tip should be around 15%) vs. a ditzy girl who was basically horrible (according to almost every other wait-staff at the restaurant) she was always getting an average of 30-35% even though she took the wrong order like instead of platter she bring a regular with no sauce, no fries, or she was definitely treating customers based on their races etc. i and three other wait-staff always believed that it was because she was a very attractive 9-10/10 girl with 5'9 height, blue eyes, long blonde hair and very skinny.

Maybe our claims were wrong but i do believe people tip based on attractiveness no matter how the service is.

i personally tip based on friendliness, being capable of making a small talk, knowing when to stop by and ask whether we need anything rather than every other second while i am eating (cuz i hate that) ...