For cheese lovers out there- give a call out to your favourite cheese and why you love It?

49

Most Helpful Girl

• I love cheese! My favorite has to be a tie between mozzarella and Gouda. Mozzarella because it’s the only kind we seem to have in our house on a regular basis. And Gouda because there’s a place around where I live that puts smoked Gouda in their Mac n cheese and I’ve been hooked ever since.

Side note: look up Raclette NYC. I went there last week and it is literally cheese porn. They scrape a mountain of melts cheese off the cheese wheel onto your food. It’s heaven!

Most Helpful Guy

• I like real ripe Italian Parmigiano.
    And
    Gorgonzola is a veined Italian blue cheese, made from unskimmed cow's milk. It can be buttery or firm, crumbly and quite salty, with a "bite" from its blue veining. Wikipedia
    Bleu de Bresse is similar.
    But I like goat cheese too.
    Or Spanish Manchego
    Or French Camembert or Brie

To be able to export to the US , most European cheese makers stzarted using pasteurized milk instead of raw milk.
    Since then, our cheeses lost much of their taste. :(