How do you cook?

How do you cook?
  • I don't
    Vote A
  • I find a recipe, cut and measure everything, and then follow through
    Vote B
  • I find a recipe, but I go off script and do things my way
    Vote C
  • Most of the time I cook from memory. I don't tend to rely on recipes from a book or exact measurements
    Vote D
  • Sometimes I go strictly by a recipe, sometimes from memory
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly I wing it every time. I make mental notes of what I use for different meals and I never use a recipe book. I love Grilling with charcoal (no lighter fluid allowed) and experimenting with different sauces, spices, and marinades.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends what it is... some things can be winged but things that have specific measurements need to be followed to get the right texture and appearance - specifically baking and desserts like mousse, pastry, mirror glaze, sugar work

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Either from memory/improvising or when doing something new I check multiple different recipes and I mix and match what I feel would work the best according to my experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • As best as I can, using my own memorization usually

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer to be experimental and see how I can improve on a recipe

0|0
    0|0
  • never look up at the recipe usually just look at the ingredients.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just cook whatever is available. I don't follow recipe or use measurements.

0|0
    0|0
  • I follow a recipe exactly as stated except I always miss one step for some reason.

0|1
    0|0
  • I lookup for easy recipes that's when j was starting later on I add what I want to taste in my food

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of the time I cook from memory, but experience makes that a lot easier.

0|0
    0|0
  • With my hands

0|0
    0|0
  • from my memory always

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know how to cook

0|1
    0|0
  • I wing it

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• From the memory. If I attempt the recipe-thing, I always tend to go off script.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am the pasta sauce expert! I love making pasta WITH tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms, basil, crushed red pepper, and some bread crumbs mmm!

0|0
    0|0
  • I mix it up. Sometimes I use the recipe, sometimes I start with a recipe and then stray and other times I just throw stuff together and hope for the best.

0|0
    0|0
  • I use recipes for inspiration, I rarely follow it all the way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Memory definitely, sometimes it's sooo good and sometimes it isn't lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I only cook basic things like pastas, eggs, chicken, tofu, rice... I don't need a recipe for that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on what it is I do both from memory & strictly by the recipe.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just wing it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends

0|0
    0|0
  • I cook from memory

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes