If you’re not vegan, why? What makes you want to eat animals and their produce?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Because animal based foods are very inexpensive and vegans have yet to convince me that their position is somehow morally superior. There are still many people who suffer from hunger in the world. Reducing the amount and variety of foods available will only increase the price of food and increase the number of people who go hungry.

0|0
    1|0
    • From a vegetarian perspective, I don’t eat meat because my lifestyle allows me to do so. I understand it when others don’t have that choice or even if they do, but I feel wrong eating something that didn’t have to die for me to live. Especially when they come from factory farms and were treated poorly before they died.

Most Helpful Girl

• I really wouldn't want to, but the taste of it I enjoy. more than once I've tried going vegan, but after a week or so I would get sick

0|0
    1|0
    • oh sorry I worded that kinda stupid. when I said "I really wouldn't want to" what I mean by that is that really I don't want to eat animals. I hate knowing they died harshly in a factory just for me to eat. I just wish my body would handle no meat

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• Because I evolved from an opportunistic omnivore. it's good for me. Meat/meat products contain nutrients in quantities I can't get otherwise without consuming huge amounts of vegetation I'm not set up to process.

1|2
    1|1
  • Tastes amazing and I dont like fruit or vegetables. I love that some woman is downvoting all the comments about people eating non-vegan foods.
    Well soak this in: literally none of my meals are vegan!!! Most aren't even vegetarian. I have meat at least once a day, i always have milk and I tend to have eggs as well.

0|0
    1|0
    • Id say this though: I don't approve of the way animals are treated. In Scotland (where im from) most of the farms are prettt moral beyond raising animals to eat. The exception perhaps being dairy cows but they still spend most of their time roaming around fields.
      I think that an animals suffering should be absolutely minimal

• I like eating meat and other animal products, hunting used to be one of my hobbies. Though these days I usually just eat meat 2-3 times a week to reduce the stress my consumption does to our beautiful planet.

0|0
    1|0
    • Lel why even ask when you're not going to like the answers.

• She didn’t ask with the intent of understanding your side. She wants to feel more moral than you by showing how much she loves and respects animals.

• Well she's underage so I get that.

• They're delicious and humans are omnivores, not herbivores. Vegan humans are going against nature.

1|0
    1|0
  • The great taste and texture of a great steak or sweet milk. The taste of meat is so much better than tofu and lettuce. I like vegetables but not for a whole meal except on occasions. Rather than why I do, why don't you.

0|0
    1|0
  • Probably because I enjoy meat and need high protein food that does not screw up my digestion like a lot of vegetables options. I'm also allergic to spinach and kale.

1|0
    1|0
  • I am evolved to do so just like any other carnivore or omnivore.

2|0
    1|0
  • Obviously because I'm a heartless bastard who busts a nut at the deaths of animals.

2|0
    1|0
  • Because I didn't kill them. Plus I wouldn't eat their 'produce' but only adult animals that were killed humanely

1|0
    1|0
  • The fact I am hungry. I would ask a vegan why they are eating plants. They have also been alive recently.

0|0
    1|0
  • Cheese, because I'm addicted to it.

0|0
    1|0
    • Haha that was hard for me too but try mock cheese or vegan cheese!

• I just want to warn you that you don't get stuck in your own bubble.

• Cause they're delicious? Lol why wouldn't I?

0|0
    1|0
  • Because I'm a passionate meatatarian

1|0
    1|0
  • Tastes goo, easy to get, relatively cheap too.

0|0
    1|0
  • They're made of food

0|0
    1|0
  • my appetite, culture, habit and health.

1|0
    1|0
  • It's delicious and makes life easier

0|0
    1|0
  • I eat humans as well

0|0
    1|0
  • We like meet

0|0
    1|0
  • The taste

0|0
    1|0
  • It's habit and it contains high protein

0|0
    1|0
  • It's convenient

0|0
    1|0
  • Because it taste good and is good for me.

0|0
    1|0
  • Nothing "makes me want to eat meat". It's just natural. Humans are carnivores by nature. It's the vegans who need to explain why they're so anal about animal products

2|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 13

• I cannot do it. I am very picky when it comes to food. I would puke if I was forced to only eat greens. I'd rather not cut eggs and milk (vegan milk is expensive in my country), also I'd rather not remove milk chocolate from my diet.
    I am a vegetarian, but that's all I can do. I can't make another compromise nor do I want to.

1|0
    0|0
    • Maybe you could do other little things to help the environment though... reuse plastic bags, recycle when you can, avoid plastic straws, no leather products?

• I already do those (apart from the plastic straws) , but thanks for the suggestions : )

• Nature.

Veganism has this nature vibe, when in reality, eating meat is just as natural for our species, as eating fruits and veggies are.

Our bodies begin producing enzymes to break down meat proteins upon weaning, the same thing that happens in other omnivores and carnivores.

If we aren't to eat meat, the gene for producing said enzymes would not exist in our DNA.

A deer can not just wake up and decide to eat meat; it would die as the meat would rot in its gut due to lack of these enzymes. In fact, their bodies dont require the nutrients from meat naturally.

As omnivores, Nature built us to feed on a greater expanse of nutrient sources, which dieticians relate to our complex brain function. Certain synapses / proteins for sustaining brain tissue require minerals from meats.

Hence, a lot of vegs have to supplement these things or find close alternatives - or will suffer from chronic brain fog, fatigue, and even cellular brain death on a very micro level.

Not saying a vegan lifestyle does that, as those nutrients can be supplemented to prevent.

But eating meat is easier and natural.

Even plants eat animals - some species of predatory plants are even large enough to eat birds and mice.

If we are learning from nature, then nature is definitely not vegan lol

I like eating vegan things though, they taste good and some recipe substitutes like applesauce can make some dishes much more delicious!

Def not against veganism, except the morons that enforce their lifestyle on others.

In fact, I love animals and nature, so much so that I want them to be a part of me always...

As rare, greasy, and bloody as possible...

0|0
    1|0
  • It’s delicious, that’s why. I don’t think eating meat is a problem, I think the way animals are treated is a problem.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why not, meats offer protein and other valuable nutrients our bodies need. I'd rather eat from an animal with what my body needs then digest from a man-made product

0|0
    1|0
  • Personally I've come to accept that death if a natural part of life. Many animals hunt eachother and it is no more cruel for us to eat a rabbit than a wolf.
    It's part of my beliefs to eat meat, but to be grateful if the animal that had it's like sacrificed in order for you to eat. That's one of the reasons I hate eating food is because something had to sacrifice a lot for that. Even if it's vegetables, the farmer who grows them might have worked himself to the edge of death trying to make a living and stuff. Many other people out there are also hungry and the vegetables could feed them as well. Many people and things have to make great sacrifices you to eat.
    I believe in eating what you want and what tested good to you, but being grateful and trying to honor those who have made it possible for you to do so.

0|0
    1|0
  • A lot of people enjoy having a fully balanced diet because it's healthy and humans are naturally omnivorous. If you don't eat meat or dairy, you have to take a lot of vitamins and supplements to replace that, which can be expensive and irritating for anyone who doesn't like horse pills.

Please, don't be another one of those self-righteous vegans who thinks they're superior to everyone else. People like you are turning veganism into a religion-- a very close-minded religion where you try to force your way of life down everyone else's throats. Just don't do it.

0|0
    1|0
  • Cause it taste good and humans were and are meant to eat both meats and vegetables thats why we're classified as omnivores

0|0
    1|0
  • A friend of mine did that and her health went to shit.

0|0
    1|0
  • Im not vegan, Im pescatarian
    I eat animal produce because I like to and cheese has some protein

0|0
    1|0
  • Human's kind diet IS to eat meat. It taste SO good

1|1
    1|0
  • Because it tastes good.

1|1
    1|0
  • Because I don't see a point in being vegan.

0|0
    1|0
  • Because I like meat!

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes