What does wine taste like?

I asked my brother and he said it's like grape juice. If so, I want to drink it someday.

930

Most Helpful Guy

• *puts on wine snob hat*

It depends, obviously white tastes different to red which tastes different to rosé.

It also depends on the grape and the grape blend used in the wine. For example if you like a full bodied wine, you'd like a wine made with Shiraz grapes however if you prefer a lighter red then a Pinot Noir grape wine is more your thing. The way the wine is aged and stored also effects the taste, for example a wine stored in an oak barrel will taste different to one stored in a metal vat.

But most people prefer white when they start off drinking wine because it's more palatable. All the same happens for whites, except you rate them on how sweet they are. A sweet white will be sweet however a dry white won't be.

How come you've never tried any wine?

• I don't want to drink, I'd get in trouble

• Yes. I am very self-critical

• Okay, well don't let that limit your life, one of my friends at age 13 decided not to drink and he still doesn't. He misses out on a lot of fun times because of this, his stubborness is making him miss out on some of the most fun times I've ever had and I would have loved if he was there to share those moments cos he's a fun guy.

So don't make your mind up too early, and if you change your mind don't be stubborn

Most Helpful Girl

• To my palate, all wine has a slight balsamic vinegar-like taste to it, regardless of its quality.
    It's why I'm an almost exclusive drinker of Rosé wine--it has the least vinegary taste to it.

To normal people, I imagine that most wine tastes like bitter fruit juice, with a bit of a "woody" flavour to it.
    Of course, it really depends on the wine.

• If your wine taste like vinegar, you should stop drinking the cheap stuff.

• @MilMan I don't drink the cheap stuff, lol.

• If it tastes like vinegar then the wine is either off, produced badly or been open too long because the vinegar taste comes when it's come in contact with oxygen, producing acetic acid