What does wine taste like?

I asked my brother and he said it's like grape juice. If so, I want to drink it someday.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• *puts on wine snob hat*

It depends, obviously white tastes different to red which tastes different to rosé.

It also depends on the grape and the grape blend used in the wine. For example if you like a full bodied wine, you'd like a wine made with Shiraz grapes however if you prefer a lighter red then a Pinot Noir grape wine is more your thing. The way the wine is aged and stored also effects the taste, for example a wine stored in an oak barrel will taste different to one stored in a metal vat.

But most people prefer white when they start off drinking wine because it's more palatable. All the same happens for whites, except you rate them on how sweet they are. A sweet white will be sweet however a dry white won't be.

How come you've never tried any wine?

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't want to drink, I'd get in trouble

• Show All
    • Yes. I am very self-critical

• Okay, well don't let that limit your life, one of my friends at age 13 decided not to drink and he still doesn't. He misses out on a lot of fun times because of this, his stubborness is making him miss out on some of the most fun times I've ever had and I would have loved if he was there to share those moments cos he's a fun guy.

So don't make your mind up too early, and if you change your mind don't be stubborn

Most Helpful Girl

• To my palate, all wine has a slight balsamic vinegar-like taste to it, regardless of its quality.
    It's why I'm an almost exclusive drinker of Rosé wine--it has the least vinegary taste to it.

To normal people, I imagine that most wine tastes like bitter fruit juice, with a bit of a "woody" flavour to it.
    Of course, it really depends on the wine.

1|1
    0|0
    • If your wine taste like vinegar, you should stop drinking the cheap stuff.

• @MilMan I don't drink the cheap stuff, lol.

• If it tastes like vinegar then the wine is either off, produced badly or been open too long because the vinegar taste comes when it's come in contact with oxygen, producing acetic acid

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• I only tried wine like like twice in my life as well as shampaine and alcohol and I hated them all. I just cannot stand the taste of strong adult drinks! They are just way too strong for me!!! So to answer your question in my opinion no wine is so much more stronger than grape juice

1|0
    0|0
  • Tried it, it has a bitter taste to it. Depending on the type of wine, because there's red wines, there's white wines, champagne, and many others. Some have sweet taste to it, but typically they have a bitter taste. Dry ones have the more bitter taste. Then there's also Sangria which consists of red wine and some fruit pieces mixed with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on if it’s a dry wine or a sweet wine.

Dry wine is what you get if you remove all the sugar and sweetness from grape juice and turn it to alcohol. It’s not sweet at all.

Sweet wine still has varying amounts of sugar left in it, so depending on the vintage and bottler, it can taste like anything from spiked grape juice to almost dry. If you like the sweetness of grape juice, it’d probably be a good idea to start with a sweet wine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Your brother is probably tricking you, has never had any, or has tongue cancer. Tastes nothing like grape juice. The tastes vary. They can be spicy, herbal, woody, fruity. It's like a bitter-sweet "dry" drink with a strong aftertaste based on what's in it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not so much, like grape juice if it rotted in a good way, red wine anyway, just ask him for the tiniest sip, you will hate it! And in a few years you will love it

1|0
    0|0
  • There are many kinds of wine, some sweeter than grape juice but most not nearly as sweet. You'll just have to taste it for yourself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most of the wine I drink (sweet white wine) usually tastes like juice but with a bit of a bitter kick to it but there are many diff kinds & varieties of wines

1|0
    0|0
  • Lolz different wine different taste kid
    There are some that are sour, sweet and bitter and it depends on the quality and brand of wine you want to drink

1|0
    0|0
  • It does not taste like grape juice hahaha. It's really overrated. Red wine is better than white but it still isn't an amazing drink.

1|0
    0|0
  • I ain't never had wine to judge really.. Hehe.. I might drink it one day though..

1|0
    0|0
  • It tastes like grape juice with a touch of sour in it.

1|0
    0|0
  • It tastes nothing like grape juice, it has more like a bitter taste.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends, there's varying tastes. But it's made from grape. It can be dry or sweet.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wine taste is dependent of type of wine. Personally I like most of wines.

1|0
    0|0
  • Grapes that have gone bad

1|0
    0|0
  • Fucking good... lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Wine tastes like bad childhood memories.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm straight edge.

1|0
    0|0
  • no its not

it's gross

1|0
    0|0
  • Never tried it lol

1|0
    0|0
  • It's good. But try kalimotxo, that's the best 😋

1|0
    0|0
  • Wine is not that tasty I think

1|0
    0|0
  • I love wine
    It’s better than alcohol

1|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't taste like grape juice

1|0
    0|0
  • Anus

1|0
    0|0
  • nasty-to me

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the wine

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't taste at all like grape juice. It's definitely an acquired taste. You will not like it the first time you taste it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some wine is quite bitter, only the sweet wines taste like grape juice, as in Sangria but it has a little alcohol taste to it though as does the the other wines

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• I don't think it tastes anything like grape juice. It's an acquired taste, Moscatos are a better opinion if you want something that taste like juice.

1|1
    0|0
    • True... Most wines that wine enthusiasts like are not sweet at all. Although there are some excellent wines that are a bit sweet like Moscatos. Some people like White Zinfandel that tends to be a bit sweet.

• It depends on the wine. Each wine is made differently with different ingredients and different fermentation rates which make it taste different

1|0
    0|0
  • The answers are fun. I'm never drinking alcohol obviously. :v

1|0
    0|0
  • Like bitter grape juice.

1|0
    0|0
  • Bad in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't know

1|0
    0|0
  • Like happiness and love.

1|0
    0|0
  • It smells like mold, and I guess the taste is O. K but it's really overrated. It has an AWFUL aftertaste. It's really dependent on your personal tastes. and if you can still drink it after smelling it.. Lol.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes