Will you eat some crepes today?

Does your country celebrates Candlemas? Will you eat some crepes or pancakes today or tomorrow to celebrates it?
And what's your favourite topping? 😛 (except nutella haha) Will you eat some crepes today ??

82

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't even think about food. Over binged last night. This looks good though I would stuff it with something else like sweetcreamcheese. :) Candlemas, what is it about?

Most Helpful Guy

• We don't. Today is actually 'groundhog day' here, where... if some special groundhog sees a shadow when it wakes up in the morning, there will be 6 more weeks of winter. This is, I think, supposed to be a bad thing. As a Canadian that always confused me as a child, because 6 more weeks of winter from this point would be pretty average, so I was never sure if we were hoping for a shadow or no shadow.

Pancakes are more traditional here on the day before lent starts, so feb 13th this year. Is that celebrated in france? I know French speakers in north America are probably -the most- enthusiastic celebrators of 'mardi gras'

• Oh ! Just like in the movie with Bill Murray called "un jour sans fin" in France ^^ I suppose as a child I would loved to have 6 more weeks of winter too :)

Oh I see. In France we are mo

• Oh I see. In France we are more likely to celebrate Shrove Tuesday by disguising ourselves ^^ We also eat a special dish we name "Bugnes". You have to Google it and taste, really. :p