How often do you read the ingredients label on food packages before you eat or buy them?

How often do you read the ingredients label on food packages before you eat or buy them?How often do you read the ingredients label on food packages before you eat or buy them?

• All the time
    Vote A
  • Very often
    Vote B
  • Sometimes
    Vote C
  • Not often
    Vote D
  • Rarely
    Vote E
  • Never
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Rarely, I’ll sometimes check active ingredients on medications n other stuff like that. Or cosmetics shampoo lotions and ointments.

For food I generally only check it if I’m confused about what it is. Like “meat” lasagna... wtf is “meat”. Stuff like that. So, rarely I’d say.

0|1
    0|0
    • Ohh another one is sweeteners and stevia. My grocery’s store sells a line of cheesecake and they have low fat low sugar and “no sugar added”. All different skus. Like I don’t get cheesecake to be low fat and low sugar. I want the full on experience so I always check to be sure I’m getting the right on cuz the “no sugar added” is strangely got all the sugar needed. That just confuses me cuz I don’t want some crappy cheesecake made with stevia or something.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been cutting out as much processed foods as possible, doing my best to go farm to table. I can really taste the difference in a lot of things now. Reading ingredients made me want to stop eating a lot of things that I realized "aren't really foods".

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• If it's something I haven't eaten before, I might take a look, but mostly I don't. I don't really believe there can be anything that bad, since EU has such strict regulations on food.

0|1
    0|0
  • Quite often, but not for the reasons one might suspect.

0|1
    0|0
    • what reason do you do it?

• Because I'm bored, lol. Whenever I'm just chilling in the kitchen, I tend to read through all kinds of labels- deodorant, food, the instructions for the clock we just got.

• I only eat halal so I have to check almost everything I pick up lol

0|2
    0|0
  • Hmm, we always read that and the percentage of contents in it since with my partner's diabetes, we need to keep track of how much sugar he has.

0|2
    0|0
  • It depends. I do check sodium client or sugar content if I'm suspicious.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends. if it's from trader Joe's or some other health food store no bc I Know what I'm getting myself into. grocery stores yes I read often

0|1
    0|0
  • Not often/rarely... though sometimes i am a little curious lol.

0|1
    0|0
    • Shame on you princess! You should be aware of all that goes in your princess body :)

• I only read it when I’m waiting or bored while I’m already eating or drinking it.

0|1
    0|0
  • All ways I'm trying eat food in order to help me conceive

0|2
    0|0
  • ugh theyre really boring i dont know anyone who reads them

0|1
    0|0
  • If it's a new item with spices included I will.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never

0|1
    0|0
  • Not often

0|1
    0|0
  • Way more now then I used to.

0|1
    0|0
  • Rarely

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 20

• Always if it is something new or if it is for my kids. I'm concerned about sugar, salt, and preservatives.

0|2
    0|0
  • Strangely I do, especially cause I am always looking to see if the foods or whatever I am buying has gelatin in it or not.

0|2
    0|0
  • I have a bad habit of reading them AFTER I buy something and in many cases, after I eat it.

0|1
    0|0
  • i don't read the ingredients unless my cousins who is allergic to nuts or allergic to strawberries are coming over. i more read the nutrition because i don't need all that sodium

0|1
    0|0
  • I have too now, I can’t consume dairy anymore after 20 Years

0|2
    0|0
  • only if im buying something and ain't sure its vegatarian

0|2
    0|0
  • I'll look only if I'm looking for something in particular in the ingredients.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah if it contains more fat than brotein per 100 gram then I'm not buying it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Quite often yeah, mostly to amuse myself..

0|2
    0|0
  • Always...

0|2
    0|0
  • All the time.

0|2
    0|0
  • Every time.

0|2
    0|0
  • It's usually while I'm eating it.