For Americans who are coffee lovers. If you have travelled overseas, does it stand out that coffee in the States as compared to other places is shit?

I have visited the States often. My GAWD the coffee there is shite. If a person made great coffee. They would be a swillionaire
For Americans who are coffee lovers. If you have travelled overseas, does it stand out that coffee in the States as compared to other places is shit?

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• From what my mates tell me when I sent a box off tea to them that American tea is really really crap In comparison to ours however I imagen that our instant coffee is crap in comparison but our chocolate tastes in real to people in the U. S lol

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The coffee in this country is like the beer. All the well known brands are garbage. The ones that are hidden and you have to seek out are good.

0|1
    0|0
    • I have sought out many. Never found a good one

• It was that bad I was using a dash of Kahlua to make it palatable

• American palates (some, not all) aren't too fond of flavors that are seemingly powerful. Look at our bread. It's sweet. Our most popular beer is a light lager that you're supposed to drink ice cold. Our most popular coffee chains (Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, McDonald's) all have only a few regular coffee bean steeped in water coffee choices. The rest is a little bit of coffee, a ton chocolate or vanilla or hazelnut or pumpkin spice, whipped cream and sugar. A friend was picking me up and was grabbing coffee and asked if I wanted Reese, French vanilla or hazelnut creamer. I told him black and I'll bring a little regular cream. There are decent coffee houses, but they are absolutely dedicated to coffee with like coffee experts, but our hipster 'safe spaces' 'check your privilege' people are the typical employees and customers. So your choices are watery, weak coffee served by decent people or decent coffee served by complete tools while being in line with a bunch of other tools.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 17

• Well, turkish coffee isn't that great either. But yeah, coffee in Europe generally tastes much better than in America.

Never been to Australia though.

0|1
    0|0
    • I think if you could make great coffee there would be real money to make

• Yeah, you basically get Turkish coffee free at whatever restaurant you go to. So I should have known it was going to be atrocious.

:D

• even those mobile coffee carts everywhere. It is basically swill

• I'd agree with that. Best coffee I have had has been in Middle East and North Africa. Not really a surprise, though.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, brazilian coffe, sirian coffe, mexican coffe, colombian coffe, and Egyptian coffe are very exotic and unique in their own flavors. Old man where is your country?

0|1
    0|0
    • Irish, but in Wales

• Show All
    • Hey old man. Lets export coffe to the states and become gazillionaires

• I thought about it last time I was there. They have mobile coffee wagons everywhere

• I just think you are used to the way your country makes it. I've felt that way about some food when i travel.

0|1
    0|0
    • interesting. I just think it is too accepting of quick over quality, ie Starbucks

• I agree. Why they called those colored water coffee and beer is beyond me.

I made the special coffee for sale. The guy gave me a 20oz can and demanded I filled it up. I told him I don't recommend drinking more than 6oz. He told me he would be fine.

He came by 3 days later and asked for the 6oz.. he told me 6oz was enough for him to wake up.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are some
    Good coffees in North America.

They’re niche though.

The idea that better coffee would make a killing is just not true. The crap coffee here is what most people like.

I’ve had coffee all over Europe and also a little in Asia. None of it blew me away.

I’d say there’s more bad coffee here.

Then again I know a bunch of Europeans who drink Nescafé all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Shhhh don't tell them someone has to drink it. Just like we don't tell them their country is no longer the land of the free

0|1
    0|0
  • I've found this to be true except in the Pacific northwest, Seattle and environs. Excellent coffee there, and no, I don't mean Starbucks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do you think your opinion is any more valid that the hundreds of millions of Americans that like the coffee?

0|0
    0|0
  • Most stuff American's consume are made for the masses and cheaper. Big companies find a way to make coffee as cheap as possible and to last longer on the shelf. Unfortunately that ends up in them pushing out much lower quality coffees. You can get better coffee in America, but you have to go to specialty shops or buy artisan coffee blends.

Most other countries ingredients are more local, pure, and fresh. Some companies/manufacturers has specialized in coffee and they have it down to a science.

There is a little more to it, but that sums it up in a nut shell.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only American coffee I drink now is Black Rifle Coffee Company. I love it, especially the Caffeinated as Fuck blend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never had coffee, but the folks in Canada like their Tim Hortons I hear.

0|0
    0|0
  • Coffee isn't that great in my opinion

0|1
    0|0
  • Time to visit my city we are coffee maniac.

0|1
    0|0
    • i love Greece. I want to go back and resemble Odysseus

• Nice! You will like our coffee to very much.

• I did last time i was there. I was crazy enough to attend a PAL/Olympiakos derby. drank way too much Metaxa after

• Perhaps it's fortunate I don't like coffee.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dislike coffee

0|0
    0|0
  • Come to Miami.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes