For Americans who are coffee lovers. If you have travelled overseas, does it stand out that coffee in the States as compared to other places is shit?

I have visited the States often. My GAWD the coffee there is shite. If a person made great coffee. They would be a swillionaire

218

Most Helpful Girl

• From what my mates tell me when I sent a box off tea to them that American tea is really really crap In comparison to ours however I imagen that our instant coffee is crap in comparison but our chocolate tastes in real to people in the U. S lol

Most Helpful Guy

• The coffee in this country is like the beer. All the well known brands are garbage. The ones that are hidden and you have to seek out are good.

• I have sought out many. Never found a good one

• It was that bad I was using a dash of Kahlua to make it palatable

• American palates (some, not all) aren't too fond of flavors that are seemingly powerful. Look at our bread. It's sweet. Our most popular beer is a light lager that you're supposed to drink ice cold. Our most popular coffee chains (Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, McDonald's) all have only a few regular coffee bean steeped in water coffee choices. The rest is a little bit of coffee, a ton chocolate or vanilla or hazelnut or pumpkin spice, whipped cream and sugar. A friend was picking me up and was grabbing coffee and asked if I wanted Reese, French vanilla or hazelnut creamer. I told him black and I'll bring a little regular cream. There are decent coffee houses, but they are absolutely dedicated to coffee with like coffee experts, but our hipster 'safe spaces' 'check your privilege' people are the typical employees and customers. So your choices are watery, weak coffee served by decent people or decent coffee served by complete tools while being in line with a bunch of other tools.