Fondue for dinner. Any ideas? Recipes? Thoughts?

Fondue for dinner. Any ideas? Recipes? Thoughts?

My boyfriend just got a fondue set and I want to make him some fondue dinners. I think I can handle the cheese with bread and chocolate with fruits type fondues but want to make him some real dinner recipes like meat or seafood. Anyone else make these type of meals with a fondue set?
any tips, suggestions or family recipes would be greatly appreciated.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Get thin shaved meats, beef, lamb, turkey, chicken, and get some veggies and dumplings. Then make a traditional chinese herbal broth soup, or spicy if you like it that way and pretty much make yourselves a HotPot dinner.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You could look some things inspired by the melting pot restaurant or go on Pinterest

1|0
    0|0
    • That restaurant sounds great! I just wish their website posted a menu... and one was near me. Thanks for the tip!

• Show All
    • that's good I wanna experiment now myself

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• I always grew up with a cheese fondue and an oil fondue with just chicken and beef cubes for the oil. We used bread on the cheese.

My brother and his wife tried several others with us using water with various spices in it, chocolate and cheese.

My favorite is still the simple one I grew up with. Maybe that is because that is what I am used to.

1|0
    0|0
  • A good Swiss cheese and white cheddar mix is good with the right seasoning and wine. Veggies like mushrooms and bell peppers are real good. Fish can be okay if you know it's clean. Beef is good. But stay away from chicken and pork.

0|0
    0|0
    • You can’t cook beef or fish in a cheese sauce though.

• You can, you have to leave it in a little longer. But beef and fish don't need to be fully cooked the same way chicken and pork do.

• Unless a fondue can be macguyvered into a musical instrument, Then I'm bored.. Get an air fryer to compliment all the soups and cheeses with cooking actual meat. And ask music questions again!

1|0
    0|0
  • Cube some steaks and mix up a broth like you would use for a roast.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve had lots (the novelty wears off after a while) but yeah: cheese (five cheeses) and honey chicken with sesame seeds..

1|0
    0|0
  • Those are a good start lotscof diffrent cheese and chocolates. Hope it goes well

1|0
    0|0
  • I thought fondues had died a death. Can't think of any reason I would want to use one. Still, good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Reduce a decent white wine from about a cup to 1/4 cup. Have finely shredded mix of real Swiss, preferably Emmenthaler and Gruyere or Appenzeller, shredded as finely as you can. Mix about a TBSP. of cornstarch into every # of cheese slowly stir paying increasing amount of attention as the amount of cheese dissolved increases.

Have at least 1/2 baguette per person and cut it into 1/2" pieces- stale is actually preferable. If you have fondue pot w/ requisite forks use that otherwise pour/scrape into heated clay or other thich, heat retaining crockery and dip the bread into melted cheese.

Though most of associated with another dis of Swiss cuisine know as Raclette, you can serve a variety of pickled veg. ( Cajun green beans for dirty martinis work well). Have a semi-dry white wine such as Riesling, Loire, Chablis or CA Sauvignon Blanc to accompany

0|0
    0|0
    • That’s great and really informative for a cheeese fondue and I appreciate it. Maybe you didn’t read the expanded part of my question though. I’ve got the cheese and chocolate fondues down pretty good. I’m more interested in a dinner fondue to cook meats and seafood.

• At first I read that as "fondle for dinner." and i was like "is that what you're having for dinner, or a set of instructions?" lel

0|0
    0|0
  • Fondue Chinoise?

1|0
    0|0
  • Google 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • As a French I find this post so sweet 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes please

1|0
    0|0
  • Whatever my wife like

1|0
    0|0
  • No ideas, recipes or thoughts. Good luck

1|0
    0|0
  • have ham an cheese

0|0
    0|0
  • Give me food or I'll send you to the gulag!

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea actually

0|0
    0|0
  • American and baby swiss cheese. Poop or a bunch of those little individual ones.

0|0
    0|0
    • That does not sound like something I’d care to serve my guy. But if poops your thing, enjoy.

What Girls Said 5

• As a beginning into this 50's fad + combining today's Sushi fad
    it's easy to simply add blanched or raw shrimp/et al. to the bread options for cheese dipping.

Maybe next month you step up to more stir fry variations

1|1
    0|0
  • Here in France we eat the fondue, with bread, vegetables, cooked meat, chicken.
    You can try some recipes with the meat but no sauce as it'll get lost in the cheese, or some cooked seasoned vegetables, you can ever try raw veggies (I personally love it).
    Hope that helped a bit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just a thought: you could make marinated steak skewers or some sort of kebab to dip into the cheese?

0|0
    0|0
  • Fondue bourguignone, with oil and meat

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks! How do I make it?

• Show All
    • Do you make it for your dinner?

• Not anymore, but we used to with my family, I really liked it. Sometimes we made fondue savoyarde, the one with cheese and bread

• Marshmallows and gram crackers deep it in.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes