Please help me lol If I put wax paper/foil in a measuring cup could it make measuring peanut butter easier?

I'm about to make my 3-year-old cousin some cookies and she really likes the simple peanut butter ones. I need 1 cup of peanut butter for it but I need a simple way to get it out of the measuring cup. Please help lol. I'm a beginner at baking so I don't know any trick to make it easier.

If anyone wants the recipe its

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup sugar

1 egg

1 tsp of vanilla extract.
  • Yes wax
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • yes foil
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Thanks, guys :) I tried to do the cookies and the measuring was the only thing that worked lol They were so sticky and stuck to the pan. Even after spraying it.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Use spoon for most of it and then a spatula to scrape what’s left sticking to the side of the cup. You can also use a second spoon or small spatula or butterknife to help get stuff out of a spoon.

1|1
    0|0
  • I use to bake a lot myself. I wouldn't measure peanut butter in a cup because its just to sticky. if you own a kitchen scale, you could put your bowl on the scale, then adjust the scale with the bowl so that the scale is at 0 weight. now measure the sugar with your cup and fill it into the bowl. now add peanutbutter until the weight has doubled. this way you have the same amount of sugar and peanutbutter

0|0
    0|0
    • If that worked it was only because you could get away with not matching the peanut butter volume called for in the recipe. If you need an approx. volume it’d be better to weigh say a spoonful of peanut butter. Then find a conversion table for number of spoons in a cup & multiply the weight by that number. Then you can use a scale to find 1 cup’s worth. Different butters would have different densities too.

BUT if you never had problems with your method then most recipes must not need very exact measures.

• Show All
    • I get what you are saying with the volume. When she had to use rice or something like that, she couldn't apply this method, but sugar normaly is dense enough.

• What... baking is like chemistry... it is a science.

• Wax could work, but in my kitchen i have a special tool. Its praticular flat silikon on a stick which makes it easy to clean bowls and such

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes