About to start cooking lunch. Mac and cheese made from scratch. Anyone else here a cook or even professional chef? What's your favorite thing to cook?

About to start cooking lunch. Mac and cheese made from scratch. Anyone else here a cook or even professional chef? What's your favorite thing to cook??

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't use that much butter in my Mac n Cheese, only if I am starting it from a broth-based white sauce. I fry a little bit of onion and garlic in the saucepan then add the broth. I am also really happy with using low fat evap milk which gives that nice creamy texture but makes it just a little bit less of a gut bomb. My other trick is to add canned Hatch chopped green chiles - adds this sort of zip that turns up the sharpness of the cheese - not spicy at all. My homemade Mac is like Crack. I sometimes like to use some Brie for its gooeyness. I also like adding a nutty cheese like gruyere to round out the flavor of the cheddar.

OMG though - my Alfredo sauce is so good it's almost a sex crime to eat it.

I considered going to culinary school and some strings were pulled to get me into a prominent school on the east coast but my Mom had cancer at the time and I couldn't just pick-up and leave my life.

My mother taught me to cook and she is still quite a good cook despite being in her 70s. She baked a cake for me to take to a party today since I wasn't going to have the time. (House smells sooooooooo good right now.)

I am a practiced baker and turn out some pretty excellent stuff. I think I may have gone into baking had I gone to culinary school. We should have a recipe swap on GAG.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol. Nah, this is just the total. All you see in the pic is everything that will make 4 dinners.

• Show All
    • I had someone's Mac and they flavored it with some weird spices like cinnamon and I was like - WTF is THIS shit? Fuckin cinnamon in my mac n cheese? I think they also used yogurt in the sauce. Some people have no sense. If you are going to mess with the Mac, you had better have your game ON POINT!

• I actually don't bake it. Just slow melt into a cream sauce and serve. I never really got into the baked type. It just seems to stick together more and just not that appealing to me lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Not a chef but cooking is part of my job so I’m alright. Fish fry, or any sort of pasta

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• Not to be a dick or anything, but mac n' cheese is the easiest thing to make. It also sounds funny when it's stirred, heh.

1|0
    0|0
    • No offense taken. I have made very complex shit too. Mac n cheese is just easy.

• I used to make spaghetti a lot because it was easy. What other things do you make?

• Bat wing sandwiched, bat fang soup, pickled bat's feet, roasted bat skins. You know, the basics. Lol

Jk jk

I mainly stick to what I know. Pastas, grilling meats, mainly comfort foods but not the extremely unhealthy ones

• I do like to cook and I also like try out new recipes quite often with my boyfriend. My favorite one is probably spaghetti Bolognese. It takes about 5 hours of cooking time but its daaaaaamn delicious.

0|0
    0|0
  • Turkey, chicken, beef barley, Italian wedding soup, squash soup... I make it all from scratch. And it doesn't last a day in my home. I like home made not from cans. Cheers.

0|0
    0|0
  • all I can say is that I make one mean sandwich haha

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol!! Asking a chef what their favorite dish is, to cook, is sort of like asking an artist what his/her favorite color to paint with is.
    The beauty of the culinary arts is that the possibilities are endless and all are just as exciting as the next one.
    Maybe an easier question would be, is what's no longer fun to cook, because its boring, takes too long and the owner/customers refuse to take it off the menu. Haha!!
    Joking aside, I think I would have to say either seafood, because it's so delicate and has to handled with love to get it just right, or vegan dishes, because it takes effort to get the right flavor balance, as well as the right nutritional elements. Its gratifying to watch non vegans try and enjoy a vegan dish without even noticing that its a vegan.

0|1
    0|0
  • Fettuccini is my favorite dish to make

0|1
    0|0
  • I love to cook, bake, fry everything

0|1
    0|0
  • It was learn to cook or starve. So yes I can cook.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Mac and cheese from scratch 😂😂😂

You're a fucking Gordon Ramsay man's

1|0
    0|0
    • I'd rather do the slow melting of the cheese and everything else rather than eating that boxed sodium

• Cooking is my therapy. I love making mushroom soup from locally harvested mushrooms. It's a slow process but the results are amazing.

0|1
    0|0
  • Are there really people that eat macaroni with cheese without adding meat blocks to it?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes