About to start cooking lunch. Mac and cheese made from scratch. Anyone else here a cook or even professional chef? What's your favorite thing to cook?

About to start cooking lunch. Mac and cheese made from scratch. Anyone else here a cook or even professional chef? What's your favorite thing to cook??

94

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't use that much butter in my Mac n Cheese, only if I am starting it from a broth-based white sauce. I fry a little bit of onion and garlic in the saucepan then add the broth. I am also really happy with using low fat evap milk which gives that nice creamy texture but makes it just a little bit less of a gut bomb. My other trick is to add canned Hatch chopped green chiles - adds this sort of zip that turns up the sharpness of the cheese - not spicy at all. My homemade Mac is like Crack. I sometimes like to use some Brie for its gooeyness. I also like adding a nutty cheese like gruyere to round out the flavor of the cheddar.

OMG though - my Alfredo sauce is so good it's almost a sex crime to eat it.

I considered going to culinary school and some strings were pulled to get me into a prominent school on the east coast but my Mom had cancer at the time and I couldn't just pick-up and leave my life.

My mother taught me to cook and she is still quite a good cook despite being in her 70s. She baked a cake for me to take to a party today since I wasn't going to have the time. (House smells sooooooooo good right now.)

I am a practiced baker and turn out some pretty excellent stuff. I think I may have gone into baking had I gone to culinary school. We should have a recipe swap on GAG.

• Lol. Nah, this is just the total. All you see in the pic is everything that will make 4 dinners.

• I had someone's Mac and they flavored it with some weird spices like cinnamon and I was like - WTF is THIS shit? Fuckin cinnamon in my mac n cheese? I think they also used yogurt in the sauce. Some people have no sense. If you are going to mess with the Mac, you had better have your game ON POINT!

• I actually don't bake it. Just slow melt into a cream sauce and serve. I never really got into the baked type. It just seems to stick together more and just not that appealing to me lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Not a chef but cooking is part of my job so I’m alright. Fish fry, or any sort of pasta