Is it unmanly for a guy to be a vegan/vegetarian?

Updates:
"Okay, i won't lie... a tiny part of me gets a little disappointed when i hear a guy im interested in is vegetarian... i prefer my men to eat meat...

"I don't know how to explain it... its really weird, it just seems.. manlier when men eat meat?" datgirl

Is vegetarianism a good or bad thing to you when dating, and why? ↗

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's in manly but I definetly wouldn't ever date one, like ever ever lol I love hunting and I love meat and i prefer to hang around a guy who does too, i can't even get full without eating meat and I usually prefer a man who likes rare meat because I eat my steaks bloody and Its easier to cook them all the same, to me it's just more of a pain to date someone who is vegetarian or vegan

0|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Natural evolution has turned human males into hunters. Killers.
    Women are naturally attracted to men who display biological traits of being good hunters.
    TECHNIC-FUCKING-LY, being vegetarian IS un-manly, because it is against every fiber of our Y-chromosome.
    There was actually a GAG question a while back where a vegetarian girl said that despite her being a strict vegetarian, she found it attractive when she saw men eating meat, and she asked why that might be. I told her the same thing; the reason is because watching a man tear the flesh off a bone strikes a cord going back 2 million years into our wild, manly heritage.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 24

• Depends on the type of person you're asking. I find "less tolerant" individuals will definitely judge you a lot more for not eating meat.
    Personally, I don't eat meat, while it is an attractive trait for a person to also not eat it, it's not a huge deal nor a requirement to me. My boyfriend eats meat and I still love him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it affects a person's manliness. That's a personal choice. It doesn't affect how I would see a guy or even a girl. That's a decision you've taken for yourself and it's something I will respect

0|0
    0|0
  • When I think about a guy who is vegan/vegetarian, a skinny hipster dude who judges everybody about what they eat comes to my mind. So I dont think its the manliest thing but people can do whatever they want.

0|0
    0|1
  • No, its unmanly to judge another person for his choice in food though, unless he is a canibal ofcourse.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, it's not. Why would it be? He has the right to choose what he wants to eat and what he doesn't want to eat.

0|0
    0|0
  • It isn't. A vegan diet might lead to muscle loss though if not managed carefully.

0|0
    0|0
  • Manliness in people's eyes is how you conduct your self in life not by a simple life's choice

0|1
    0|1
  • Nah, my bro went vegetarian, it doesn't seem humanly at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really I just think of him as more indie. What ever floats your boat dude.

0|0
    0|1
  • Well it all depends on who you are. If you don't like meat, you don't like meat. You can't do anything about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Noo... it’s respectable. Especially since I’m vegetarian for 13 years and starting to go vegan now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its un-human to be vegan, vegetarian is fine

2|1
    0|1
  • Why on earth would that be ‘unmanly’

1|0
    0|0
  • That's ridiculous. I don't believe that at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's not

0|0
    0|0
  • Lolz no

0|0
    0|0
  • Totally not

0|1
    0|0
  • No. It's unmanly to get a vagina lolololo

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • no lol

0|0
    0|0
  • No... its perfectly fine?

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really

0|0
    0|0
  • Look up Rob Bigwood, and you tell me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not at ALL

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 20

• No offense, but this is a silly questions. Since when did society start adding "gender" to diets? There may be a million reaons why they have chosen vegan/vegetarian lifestyles. There are many men who society defines as "manly men" who have these diets. To pass judgment on someone simply because of their diet is kinda silly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nate Diaz, top-level MMA fighter and all-around badass, is a vegan.

Regardless of the stereotypes, there's nothing "unmanly" about veganism.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's usually something only beta males do. Also 86% of people who identify as vegans or vegetarian are women.

So yes, it's not very manly. Eat a steak you hippies.

1|0
    0|0
  • there is nothing masculine or feminine about diet. so no it is not "unmanly" for a guy to be a vegetarian or vegan

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a vegetarian, in the process to go vegan, I couldn't care less what society thinks about me, I know I'm a man

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course not.
    And I do hope you won't stop eating the way you want for such reason.

0|1
    0|0
  • Since when has masculinity or femininity been determined by diets, lmao?

2|1
    0|0
  • Nope. It's perfectly normal. It's one's choice or like. I'm a vegetarian and I'm proud and happy about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I'm not considered "manly" by society's standards and I eat meat. I don't even like vegetables.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd never be a vegan nor a vegetarian. I do eat meat but only if it is organic.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think there's any relation between being manly and how to eat

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope not at all

0|0
    0|0
    • I personally am into the holistic cures. I drink herbal tea, I drink kombucha daily and seek out alternative cures from doctors whenever possible instead of medication

• It would make me think you're a pussy tbh.

0|0
    1|1
  • Yes. It is pathetic.

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes.

0|0
    1|1
  • Ehm nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Yo this is a dumb question. I can be a vegan and still kick someone’s ass

0|0
    0|0
  • Meat is necessary for a healthy brain. Meat protein is what made homo sapiens sapiens who we are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Stop being a pussy

0|0
    2|1

Recommended myTakes