Do you tip on a to go order?

There was a waitress that had a 750 dollar order and she took to social media to complain that they didn't give her a tip.
She ended up fired and the people that had that huge order I guess made it right?
Anyway, question is do you tip on to go orders? And if so, do you tip a lesser percentage since you're not spending a hour or more in the restaurant?

529

Most Helpful Guy

• I've at least never HEARD of tipping a to go order. Maybe it's a thing but I've never heard of it. At the same time the idea that tips are required and at that are supposed to be "20%" of the cost of the meal seems a little ridiculous. Is that just me? The idea that tips are seen now as some sort of required dining etiquette rather than something earned through outstanding service, and that they are to be some sort of tax on the meal rather than a quantity dependent on the quality of the server seems as though they've defeated the whole point of tipping, at least as it was intended originally.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't tip the owner, with exceptions
    Don't tip to-go or drive-thru UNLESS it's a large amount, lots of trouble... ergo most everyone would consider $750 USD to be a huge trouble, ergo some sort of tip, although less than traditional sit-down being served 15-20% of course.