Contradiction in Vegan Ideology?

vegans don't like eating meat because they say it's murder. But vegetables are living creatures. Wouldn't that also be considered murder? Very hypocritical on the vegans side.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Why are you complaining about what other people choose to eat? They refuse to eat meat for their own reasons, they do not have to explain themselves to you.
    If they want to eat meat, so be it. If they don't want to eat meat, so be it as well.
    Then meat eaters have the nerve to complain about vegans complaining lol.
    I swear, I have noticed more meat eaters complaining about vegans than the opposite.

• I've seen many vegan rallies at steakhouses. I've seen no meat eater rallies at vegan restaurants

Most Helpful Guy

• Vegetables aren't just living creatures; the plants which they belong to (or, rather, which belong to them) are the living creatures. Root vegetables are, in fact, plants' equivalent of brains. When you plug electrodes into potatoes and carrots, and you get an electricity output from them, that's not because it's a battery. What you're getting is a readout of the plant's brain signals. So it's not just murder; cooking and eating a vegetable is the equivalent of cooking and eating an animal's disembodied, but still living and fully sentient, brain. Do vegans care about that?