Why are more girls vegetarians than guys?

i think being a vegetarian is a decision based on your vallues than anything else so I don't understand why more girls are vegetarians than guys (74% of vegetarians are female in the us)...

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I want to go vegan because it would feel good not contributing to animal suffering but I have no idea what I would eat also vegan food is expensive, I mean unless your just going to eat rice 3 times a day everyday.

• I eat all sorts of stuff pasta veggie brugers rice and veggies etc. There's a lot of vegan recipes on YouTube that are cheap I think you can do it!

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe more compassionate? Hence why more mass murderers are male etc. Also society and meat companies tend to brand meat as a manly thing in commercials etc. So I think men are uncomfortable with the idea of leaving that and eating as many say "Rabbit food" because they've been told that meat is manly. I don't know vegetarians is almost split, but I know there's wayyyyyy more vegan girls