Do you like to experiment cook or do you like to follow recipes exactly?

I’m kinda in between. I mess with recipes to try and put a spin on it. I was trying to make a strawberry cookie so I used a nestle chocolate chip cookie recipe and substituted strawberry extract in place of vanilla extract and chopped strawberries in place of chocolate chips. It turned out to have a consistency of a pancake / muffin.Do you like to experiment cook or do you like to follow recipes exactly?

158

Most Helpful Guy

• Free styling cooking is my thing for the last 7 years, am a chef ;) as a beginners always follow the recipe till you feel confident and add what ever you think might work and taste it. Never be afraid! it's just food

• 🙂Great advice. Lol I’ve had some cooking disasters. I put pin nuts in cookie dough once—That was awful so I’m more on the follow a recipe side

• See what you did there is perfect! how you may ask! You made your own mistake and you learned from it and that is perfection for me. I check recipes just for some quick ideas, i don't do exactly as it says.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll follow the recipe the first couple times, just to get the hang of it, but then I tend to branch out and experiment