Salt or Sugar? What type of snack do you prefer?

If you want to snack on something, be it healthy it total junk, do you prefer something sweet or something salty? It doesn't mean that you like one but dislike the other, you might like sweet food, but you might greatly prefer salty foods.

Personally, I much more order salty food and snacks. It is my greatest vice when it comes to what I consume. Sometimes, I'll crave something sweet, but a while piece or but, and I'm done, but if salt is the featured ingredient, then it's a whole different ballgame. Both my parents order salty snacks over sweet ones, and a 23&Me generic analysis confirms that I prefer salty foods far more than sweets.

What about you? Salty? Sweet? or both equally/similarly?
  • Salty
  • Sweet
  • Both
    Vote C
  • Neither?
    Vote D
  • Other?
    Vote E

42

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a rare genetic connective tissue disease and I gravitate towards salty snacks to help keep my bp up. If I start craving sweets then its a medical issue that I can not ignore.

• Interesting. Do you mind if I ask which one it is? I know of Marfan Syndrome and Ehler-Danlos Syndrome off the top of my head. I think Scleroderma and Lupus are also connective tissue disorders, but lupus is mainly an autoimmune condition that also affects connective tissue.

Most Helpful Guy

• As far as taste: sweet, but if I don't want to gain weight: salty.