Do you ever remember something tasting different than it does in the present?

Today we made soup for lunch. I have vivid memories of dipping delicious cheese and ham sandwiches in creamy bean and bacon soup. The cheese getting warm and gooey. The bread soaking up the soup and making the sandwich warm bite by bite. The delicious base and beans leftover in the bowl.
Do you ever remember something tasting different than it does in the present?That experience was not realized. The soup was bland with no depth and tasted watery. It didn’t suffuse the beans and sandwich. It was meal, but not what I expected.

Has this ever happened to you though? You were really looking forward to a good meal and then it turned out to be less fulfilling than you expected?

39

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl