Is it wrong for me not to like American food?

My parents are from a different country, and even though, I eat school breakfast and lunch, I always eat food from my family's culture at home. I have never ever craved hamburgers, pizza, hot dogs, or any type of fast food or American restaurants. Of course, if I were starving, I'll definitely eat. But never do I crave them. Is this wrong?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• "American food is so processed!"

Finds food hidden under European friends' beds and in closets. Chips, cookies, snack cakes, Coca Cola products etc. Eats nachos, fried chicken, fries, onion rings, and doughnuts like the world will end soon.

Freshman 15 meet European 15. Foreigners are such hypocrites. Hispanics, Europeans, Africans, Brits... The only people that have a legitimate point are Asians I find. They turn their noses up at western food, and then sit down to eat a giant bowl of stir fried vegetables.

Then again this is also normal:

tonic.vice.com/.../people-called-me-fat-in-china

Cheers asians! May your savagery never cease!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There’s nothing wrong with that in the slightest. The food you have at home is what you’re used to and is your preference.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Well, even I like my homemade food but, I also like American food if, it's vegetarian. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and, it's nothing wrong with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • its loaded with fat and sugar so the question should be is it wrong if you like it

0|0
    0|0
    • Fast food, maybe. But America isn't the only culture with less than healthy foods

• Show All
    • oh and quite clearly i accepted your point on other food but still you have lower production standards than Europe and that is again observation. either way it wouldn't bother me because my diet is always clean. yes we have shit food here too as does every other country im sure

• Saying "unlike most Americans, brits have passports" sounds extremely condescending.

I agree our fast food and corporate chains have extremely low standards. It's all mass produced, assembly line garbage. But that's not American cuisine. The real cuisine is home cooking or a locally owned restaurant.

In the context of this post, it seemed like you were singling out American food as being the only unhealthy diet in the world which I see way too many people do. So I apologize if I made assumptions about you

• I'm American, and I don't like ethnic foid too much, so I see no problem with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't be silly of course not !!

0|0
    0|0
  • nope

0|0
    0|0
  • First of all you DO know that hamburgers and hot dogs (frankfurters) are from Germany and pizza is Italian, don't you?

And no, a lot of Americans don't like American food either.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah but the ingredients and methods are different in America than they are in their land of origin... u never had a real pizza until u go to Italy, and everyone orders the Sausages and burgers in Germany lol

• Show All
    • @virginbish Define the "American method" of pizza making. I'll wait while you ignore the dozens of different styles across the US, and cite Pizza Hut, Oh look 2% growth internationally http://www.yum.com/annualreport/ www.pmq.com/pizzapower-independentvschains.jpg . You can totally criticize the original country where a food started. Its how fusion is born. "Wow thats a really shitty dish and its not a pleasure to eat... what if I added elements of this other culture?" Enter, the casserole, the sandwich, the American barbecue, your favorite chinese restaurant, your favorite italian restaurant, anything vegan these days. No one OWNS a food. Ergo italian pizza is trash, the dough is raw, and the toppings are lazy, and the people are pretentious.

• Lol ummmmm no. Fusion dishes are for white people that can't stomach authentic foods.
      Nothing good came out of fusion... casseroles are disgusting and lasagna is better than any casserole.
      And I can ignore dozens of different styles, because Americans are the ones that have the additives in their foods that make their shelf life longer and taste horrible when cold.

• Why would it be wrong? Although, not like fried chicken is a crime against humanity

0|0
    0|0
    • I definitely like fried chicken. And bacon. But that's kinda it. No pasta, sandwiches, or anything.

• Everyone has different taste. But maybe you've never had a real cheeseburger or pizza or bbq. Most fast food places and chain restaurants are a far cry from authentic

What Girls Said 2

• No it's not wrong you crave what you crave but remember American food isn't just hamburger pizza and got dogs.

0|0
    0|0
  • No! You're smart. Food in the States is so processed.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes