Do this millenial teen generations are people so picky?

When it comes like where they like to eat out, how to dress, what they wanat their parents to give them etc etc. and even they only like expensive stuff and they are not very humble teenagers? Or there are still millenials who are humble and simple?

I was a little bit surprised today when my cousin invited me and muy mom to celebrate tomorrow her only kid birthday ( a lady) 18th birthday at a meat restaurant. That is nothing wrong I admit. But the restaurant this lady choose is one very expensive ones and my family (some aunts and cousins neither one are rich). I was thinking "Ohh well we will all go to a cafetería (there are even cafeterías that offer full meals like chicken, meat, sándwiches and of course pastry things) an eat there. But no the lady choose too eat at a particular Argentian meat restaurant that is one of the pricy ones in town and my cousin (the mother) is not a wealthy person, she currently does not work as she was fired last year from the same company her husband currently Works.

My mom an I are not wealthy either and she does not work and my dad passed away 4 years ago so I hwill ahve to cover for mom and me, it be too much money for each plate and we are thinking whehter we will atttend or not tomorrow. A beer in that restaurant costs $5, the most expensive meat cut cost $35, a natural beverage also cost $5.

Im sorry for my relatives who will attend, but I told my mom to tell her niece a fiblet or soem sort of believable excuse so my mom and I won't attend. They be surprises as to why my mom and I won't attend because we always go to birthday celebrations this time it be our first we won't go for money issue and thet place chosen way too expensive. In fact we have to sabe money in 2 weeks cause my mom nephew is his birthday and Im pretty sure my cousin sister will plan something to for him like once again eat at some restaurant.
My older sister won't go and most of the time my older sister invites mom to lunches when she goes out but my sister works and her hsuabdn earns good money (they are nto super rich though but my brother in law earns well and my sister and her husband liek to eat out very often)

SO I was wondering do girls at 18 years old at this current time are so picky not humble or simple?
Let me be clear that I dont live in the USA therefore for many of you a beer costing $5 is cheap. Where I live a beer that cost that in a nice restaurant is expensive

19

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say that in your example your friend's family presumably knew that they normally can't afford much, so they decided to save up and go full out on a birthday dinner for the eighteenth birthday instead of getting expensive presents that year. I'd say that it does not actually support your point as that would not be millennials being picky but rather an unusually expensive birthday celebration. Since the eighteenth birthday in many cultures marks the entrance into adulthood I can understand that desire.

Now on the question you asked originally: I'd say that there's an increased tendency for millennials to be spoiled brats but of course that does not affect all of them, seeing how good parents still do exist.

• About th emillenials i said becaue my aunt said that the teenagers of this generations are like that.

• Probably they are spoiled brats. My mom and I won't be going to my cousin birthday due to the money factor.

• My older sister is not going either for her it is even expensive and she alreayd apologize to my cousin. But my sister reminded me that this particular cousin, she did not attend our mom 80th birthday last December on a restaurant, because this cousin told my sister she wa not attending my mom birthday because "it was too expensive and she had no job annd she had to paid for her daughter and herself" hello? So my mom birthday was expensive and she did not go, but then she expects us to go to her daughter birthday? at a place where the prices are much higher tan the one my mom chose to but she did not go to mom birthday beause it ws expensive but then she arrange her daughter lunch celebration on a much expensive restaurant? That is contradictory and inconsistent and a bit of hypocritical.

Most Helpful Girl

• I’ve never heard of a teenager being humble XD

• You were once a teenager too. Were you humble? Were other teenagers humble? Sometimes I wonder how things went south all of a sudden. Millennials weren't even worse than us.

• @mach1 Yes I was humble my parents never taught me to be picky

• @mach1 My older sister is not going either for her it is even expensive and she alreayd apologize to my cousin. But my sister reminded me that this particular cousin, she did not attend our mom 80th birthday last December on a restaurant, because this cousin told my sister she wa not attending my mom birthday because "it was too expensive and she had no job annd she had to paid for her daughter and herself" hello? So my mom birthday was expensive and she did not go, but then she expects us to go to her daughter birthday? at a place where the prices are much higher tan the one my mom chose to but she did not go to mom birthday beause it ws expensive but then she arrange her daughter lunch celebration on a much expensive restaurant? That is contradictory and inconsistent and a bit of hypocritical.