What dish/recipe/cuisine would you recommend from your culture?

Always Looking For New Things To Try And Make. What Dish From Your Culture Would You Recommend>

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I have so many favourites!

Let's see
    - tomato and egg soup
    - cabbage soup without onions and with potatoes added
    - seasoned beef with rice noodle
    - herbed fava gbeans
    - seasoned blackened fish
    - home made spring rolls with extra sauce
    - extra large tofu, carrot, mushroom and edamame dumplings
    - candied hawthorne berries

What I like to eat from the restaurant
    - shrimp dumplings (both friend and the transparent kind)
    - egg and corn soup with fish
    - fish maw soup
    - deep fried shredded potatoes
    - green peace noodle in spicy szechuan sauce
    - pickled and cooked candied beets in vinegar seasoning
    - cooked oysters

0|1
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Russian pancakes

Blini are Russia's version of the thin French crêpe and a staple on most Moscovian menus, typically made with buckwheat for savoury fillings or white flour for sweet toppings. You'll see accompaniments of smoked salmon, creamy mushrooms, sour cream, jams and condensed milk– to name a few– but the high-end, revered combination is a spoonful of red salmon or black sturgeon caviar. Another tasty Russian pancake is the cottage cheese version called syrniki, a denser form of ricotta-pancakes, which are eaten for breakfast or dessert. They're best served with homemade jams made from Russia's large array of berries, although condensed milk, honey and sour cream are also served as condiments.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 54

• Mole Poblano enchiladas with Mexican rice and a side of charro beans. For dessert you should have a slice of chocolate tres leches. Drink will be a margarita, frozen, and don’t forget the salt. You’re welcome.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm from Romania and Polenta with cheese and bacon it's my fav traditional dish. I would add a link but it says i can't yet, just google: romanian polenta with cheese and bacon recipe and i'm sure you'll find it😁

1|1
    0|0
  • Poutine it consists with fries, mozzarella cheese and gravy on top. There's some fully loaded variations also. 🇨🇦

1|1
    0|0
  • If you can get your hands on a really great Lomito with LOTS of chimichurri you’d be in heaven. It’s an Argentinian steak sandwich. A place that serves it with filet would be best. 🤤

0|1
    0|0
  • Borsht, it's uki/russian/polish I don't know tbh lol but it's red beet soup and inside there is cabbage, potatoes, chicken and basically beet broth. You usually eat it with sour cream and garlic and salt with black bread on the side. Its delishious. Another food is draniki, its potato pancakes (kind of like hashbrowns), best food ever. Again, most people will eat it with sour cream but it's your choice.

0|1
    0|0
  • Spicy Udon Soup (Japanese)
    Bagogi (Korean)
    Stuffed porkchops with sweet potatoes, greens and cornbread (southern African American)

0|1
    0|0
  • Everyone should try MALAWACH it's amazing it's Yemeni fried bread that I'm in love with although I am not Yemeni lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • Koeksisters❤

0|2
    0|0
  • Kenyan dish - Ugali and Sukumawiki

Indian dish - dhokla

*drools* 🤣🤣

0|1
    0|0
  • Chilli Crab, Laksa, curry fish head, Oyster omelette, Satay, BBQ Sting Ray

0|1
    0|0
  • love jerk chicken, Spanish paelle, jambalaya, and all types of kebab!

0|1
    0|0
  • Well fish and chips is the obvious one! But I'm gonna go for a Sunday Roast with Eton Mess as dessert :p

0|1
    0|0
  • Any indo-chinese food! Chilli paneer, chilli Mogo (cassava) or the best one of all, Manchurian

0|1
    0|0
  • Tim tams or lamingtons, or meat pies or vegemite or milo or bunnings snag

0|1
    0|0
  • Ghanaian - Jollof, shito and peanut soup
    Chinese - Chicken in peking sauce

0|1
    0|0
  • Juje torsh, ash reshte, shole zard, halim, kashk- e- bademjan, baghala ghatogh and the most famous one: ghorme sabzi! You have to eat all of these with rice.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm black but I like vietnamese. I don't know if you've ever been to pho Saigon. but biggest best bowl of soup for $5

0|1
    0|0
  • Chicken Tamales, Chilaquiles, Sopes, Ceviche tostadas, Tacos al Pastor, Enchiladas, Tortilla soup

0|2
    0|0
  • papa rellena aji de gallina is a great peruvian dish, it may look nasty but it taste amazing.

1|1
    0|0
  • Borshch and sourkrout vareyniki. For dessert I recommend napoleon cake and kievski cake

1|1
    0|0
  • Cookies lait, butter and cacao as special ingredients. Weed only a bit

0|1
    0|0
  • im part italian n i loveee like all italian food but my fav is penne all vodka

0|1
    0|0
  • Couscous with vegetables and lamb . you won't regret it

0|1
    0|0
  • Chicken adobo, sisig, lechon baboy, sinigang na baboy, hamunado, hegadilyo, menudo, embotido, tocino.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am italian so anything really. My personal favourite is pasta al pesto😍

1|0
    0|0
  • fried cabbage, broiled porkchops, cornbread, and plenty of watermelon

0|0
    0|0
  • Cucumbers

1|4
    0|0
  • Buffalo Style Chicken Wings

2|1
    0|0
  • Brigadeiro!! It's a delicious Brazilian dessert 😍

0|1
    0|0
  • Homemade mushroom and swiss hamburgers.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 65

• Barbecue pork

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have specific, but if you like cheese ( I mean real cheese). You've gotta try some things like St Marcellin, or chaource or just a full plateau de fromage, with a traditionnal baguette and some fine red wine (sec, tranquil, mostly côté du Rhône).

This is why I miss France ( I now live in Canada). We give too much fuck about cheese wine and bread, and made it an art. But in the end it is totally worth it !

1|1
    0|0
    • Maybe I can find important goods in Quebec though it might not be exact in freshness.

• Tacos al pastor, which is technically Mexican by way of Lebanon and has gained popularity here in California.

1|1
    0|0
  • Decent fish and chips, done in beef dripping, the traditional way, not with vegetable oil, the way most places now do it.

A good bacon sandwich. Proper sausages. There's a lot, but more often, all of these are just a pale imitation of the real thing...

0|1
    0|0
  • Sandwich cake (smörgåstårta) is one of the swedish finest. You have it with fish and shrimps, meat or vegi.

0|1
    0|0
  • Moose head soup maybe? Food in an alaskan villige is a bit odd. Lotta fish, wild berrys, moose. I tried whale blubber.

0|1
    0|0
    • Those are very common in the north. Some even eat seals. I dont think I could harness all that iron and the thickness of the meat. Lotta fish i would try but it is hard to find haha

• I had an aboriginal chef prepare shaved smoked kangaroo once, and that was amazing.
    But, you can get marinated kangaroo steaks here in the shops. I thinly slice them and use them to make an Aussie stir fry with some vegetables.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mach'boos Chicken

It's a Middle Eastern dish mainly consist of rice and chicken cooked with special spices

0|1
    1|0
  • Germany:
    kassler, sauerkraut und germknödel

I could Not find a Translation

1|1
    0|0
  • From another culture, Cassava cake is great, as is fruit salad when made by that same culture.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unfortunately I can't recommend many because American food is a copy of most other nations' dishes with a twist. Except for maybe jambalaya and macaroni with beef.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm. I'm white but only know Hispanic culture. Do I go with Hispanic or white stuff? I'll go with tacos AL pastor.

1|0
    0|0
  • Grünkohl mit Bregenwurst, Kassler und Kartoffeln-
    Kale with Bregenwurst, Gammon steak and potatoes

s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/.../o.jpg

this is as traditionally german as it gets if you ask me xD what the world thinks is traditional german: "sauerkraut" is actually more a regional thing. not that the rest of us doesn't eat it but yeah not as typical.

Bregenwurst is a very special and delicious kind of sausage made out of lean ground pork or cattle (which traditionally had even brains of those animals included), which is smoked, then pressed into the natural intestine and then boiled. together with kale and potatoes it makes a super tasty and savory reciepe.
    maybe a bit artery clogging though xD

0|1
    0|0
  • Rice, beans, salad, fired plantains and carne assada..

0|1
    0|0
  • Rice and beans with curry chicken... Jamaica me crazy😉👍🏽

0|1
    0|0
  • Wiener Schnitzel
    Kärntner Käsnudeln
    Kärntner Kletznnudeln
    Kaiser-Schmarn mit zwetschkenröster
    Gummiknödel

0|0
    0|0
  • Fried chicken or a burger, it'd be a big change to a lot of cultures where near is a rarity.

0|0
    0|0
  • These fat black nuts on a cold plate for your bitch

0|0
    0|0
  • I only eat hamburgers. I have no knowledge about cuisines.

0|0
    0|0
  • caramelized potato (maybe just something my family does, but damn it's good)

0|0
    0|0
  • Biryani. Nihari. Karahi. Tikka.

0|1
    0|0
  • Makki ki roti.. sarson ka saag

0|1
    0|0
  • Fried chicken watermelon

0|1
    0|0
  • Wiener Schnitzel

1|1
    0|0
  • Enchalladas with rice and beans and tortillas

1|1
    0|0
  • Homemade chicken nuggets, Mongolian beef, tempura,

0|1
    0|0
  • Scones, Kedgeree (although this is Anglo-Indian)

0|1
    0|0
  • Back yard barbeque

0|1
    0|0
  • Lutefisk and Crumkake from Norway

0|1
    0|0
  • Fish and chips

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys